Waist Length 2012 Challenge

So, what is everyone doing to get to waist length? I don't do much.

I cowash almost everyday (I exercise alot) and bun....that's about it....I'm lazy. I try to drink lotttssss of water, too.

However, I did henna and deep condition yesterday.

Anyone else?

Count me in... I'm APL but a very slow grower so I think 2 years for WL is realistic for me.

Same here. And with my hair punishing me for putting color in my hair (next time I'm just going to Henna it up!), I know it'll take me to 2012 to get to WL.

Sooooo, COUNT ME IN TOO!!

I cowash almost everyday (I exercise alot) and bun....that's about it....I'm lazy. I try to drink lotttssss of water, too.

Anyone else?

I've been wearing a 1/2 wig as a whole wig for 9 mos but my growth/retention is about the same as before the wig. For the last 2 mos though I've been keeping my hair braided under the wig (instead of pulling it back..also removed the combs from the wig), moisturizing more regularly, and really trying to prevent the ends of my braids from tangling by coating with conditioner & coconut oil. I'm also taking supplements and trying to eat better.

Anyone else?

Nothing special; just living a healthy lifestyle. I drink a gallon of water a day and make sure to get in pretty of fruits, vegetables, and protein. I also exercise and take a multi-vitamin, iron, and b-complex everyday.

I don't have a strict reggie. Just co-wash whenever I feel like it but AT LEAST once a week, shampoo once a month and protective style Mon-Fri

Just sending some encouragement and support to you ladies!:bighug:

It is VERY doable to go from APL to WL in a year! But even if you don't make that time frame don't give up. When you get frustrated or obsessed just try doing different styles or updos with your hair or try new hair toys:yep:

And when you do reach mini milestones along the way....celebrate them!!
So i'll be on the sidelines....watching!:woohoo:

It is VERY doable to go from APL to WL in a year! But even if you don't make that time frame don't give up. When you get frustrated or obsessed just try doing different styles or updos with your hair or try new hair toys:yep:

thanks smiling!!!

Thanks! Ya like buttah!

I want to join this challenge if it isn't too late. I am currently APL right now stretched and SL unstretched. My ultimate goal is to be APL - BSL unstretched but I know that I can make WL by at least the end of 2012...

My regimine is going to stay the same...

I wear wigs daily so I am going to
Cornrow on stretched hair on wash days
Wash/DC very 2 to 4 wks with doing henna every month
Co wash when needed
Moisturize my hair when needed, ends to be moisturized and sealed daily

A very simple routine....

heey! My longest layer is now creeping past BSL:grin::grin:

I'm hoping to reach wsl by april 2011 so i can work on my shorstest layer which is currently just under Apl:yep:

Let's stay motivated ladies:drunk:

I would love love LOVE to join!!!!! This like many other ladies is my ultimate goal!!!! Soooo, from this moment on, I'm going to take the best care of my hair, because I could have been there already!!!! Let's do it ladies!!!!!!

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I'm in. I think i'm inching down to APL, I need to take some proper pics next time I wash my hair, but I'm also transitioning so the natural hair is shorter. Oh well, I'm in to make it there

Alright, so I have been officially on a healthy hair care jouney for about 6 months now and I have joined the apl in 2010 challenge as my hair is currently at shoulder length. My final goal is waist lengh and I know that itis not realistic for me to say that I will make it in 2010 or 2011 but 2012. I would like to know how many of you all would like to join me on this challenge to make it official.

OH I WANT TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! My hair is APL at the moment two inches from bra strap line in back

Last edited:
I mixed a nice protein treatment yesterday, one egg, 2 tablespoons of amla oil, a little bit of conditioner and 3 tablespoons of lekair cholesterol:lick::lick:

My hair felt strengthened and looked really shiny. I then applied my leave in, sealed and airdried:yep::yep:

WSL here i come!!!:grin::grin:

Last edited:
I am soooo in!! I plan to grow it out to waist length, and then blunt cut it at midback as my ultimate goal. I'm so excited that it's even realistic to make that goal. My HHJ has been a long time comin'.

I'm soooo looking forward to meeting my goals!!! I started off with my twist that I'm going to keep bunned or pinned up to protect the ends. I also added a leave in conditioner to my ends. Aahhhh I'm super stoked, geared and focused to defy the odds!!!!! Good luck ladies, we've got some work to do!!!!

*walks in thread*

*looks for missing pages and usual posters*

*realizes i'm in wrong thread*

*slowly walks out unnoticed*

I'll join. I already started my own challenge called "AFashionSlave will not do anything stupid to her hair for an entire year challenge" This one will help to keep me on track.

Thank you so much Smiling Elephant. We really need that.

Ladies I have posted everyone's information thus far.

Start date is July 31, 2010.

Back