Valentine's Day 2010 2 Month Fun Challenge!

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I'll go next.

Pretty much nothing happened, and I did not make APL.
I actually think my hair got shorter. But I haven't noticed any breakage or anything. Maybe I should cut back on the protein. Also, my tail is getting out of control.

Taz, your hair looks great!
And I hope you other ladies had better progress than I did. :nono: :lol:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Um CB you are APL :yep: Or were you aiming for full APL? Either way your hair looks healthy and lush, very pretty.

indarican

so I miserable failed the challengee, not only is my hair worse for the wear, its falling out in droves. I see everyone elses progress and i want to know what the secret is? so frustrated!!!:wallbash:

taz007

so I miserable failed the challengee, not only is my hair worse for the wear, its falling out in droves. I see everyone elses progress and i want to know what the secret is? so frustrated!!!:wallbash:

Oh no! Can you tell us what your regime is?

taz007

co wash every other day
deep conditioning once a week
mosturizing daily
bunning every day.

Do you relax? If so, do you use lye or no lye?

Do you wet bun?

Is your hair dry? Does it snap off or does is stretch and then break?

What are using for DCing and moisturizing?

indarican

Do you relax? If so, do you use lye or no lye?

Do you wet bun?

Is your hair dry? Does it snap off or does is stretch and then break?

What are using for DCing and moisturizing?

I do use a relaxer, no lye, i dry bun, my hair is extra dry, and it snaps off like crazy, for dcing i use KUZ and for moisturizing i use q lastic and olive oil.

taz007

I do use a relaxer, no lye, i dry bun, my hair is extra dry, and it snaps off like crazy, for dcing i use KUZ and for moisturizing i use q lastic and olive oil.

The first thing that I would do is use a chelating shampoo (I use Joico K-Pak). Then I would incorporate the use of ceramides since you are using a no-lye relaxer. Ceramides build up the hair strength and keep the moisture in.

I have no idea what KUZ or q lastic is. Can you post a link to these? Are they a protein?

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
Thanks Taz and Firstborn! :blush:
I'm waiting for my ends to hit that line before I claim APL...at the moment, I don't think that I have enough hair past my armpit line to claim anything. That's the curse of the V. :wallbash:

Congrats on the engagement, Thick&Fine! The ring looks really lovely. :yep:

Evo-ny

Wow, sorry it took me so long to get back to this thread ladies! No trip for me, I'm stuck here at home because we had a "bit" of a falling out. :fistshake: Hopefully you all had better progress than I did, hair and relationship-wise! I think I was doing well until I broke the no heat rule (3 times in 3 weeks, argh! :wallbash:) and wore my hair unprotected for a week. My hair is soooooooo dry now, I can't believe I did that. Have I learned nothing???

I never got to continue MN after the first 2-3 weeks, definitely going to have to try it again because I didn't use it long enough to see any results other than shedding.

On the up side I did wear my hair protected at night, every night. On the nights I was too tired to moisturize, I still tied it up with the scarf and covered it with the bonnet. I think I may have gotten a bit of growth, I'm going to have to find my camera today and get a good picture. I used to have only two sections of my hair at collarbone length and it seems like the rest of it has caught up to that point. We'll see what the camera says.

What I've learned:
-Don't give in to flatiron temptation
-When starting a growth aid, add garlic just in case
-Don't buy non-refundable trips :wallbash:

Seeing as I fell off of my routine in the last few weeks, I'm going to hold off on that relaxer, but maybe try a henna. My next goal is to be 2 inches away from APL for my birthday in May. :grin: