Vitamin/Supplement Check-In!

LDebagoria

Who's taking what now? What time of day?

I'm taking:

~GNC Green Tea Extract...10:30a.m.

~GNC Hair, Skin, Nails...12:00p.m. and 8:00p.m.

~Spring Valley Super B-Complex...1:00p.m.

~Equate Women's Daily Multi-Vitamin...around 10p.m.

I know it sounds kinda anal that I take them at the same time, but I figure that I could get the best results if I get my body on a cycle of taking them...

Mega-T green tea extract 2 times before lunch and dinner 1 tablet

Fish Oil with every meal 3 times a day 2 caplets

Amino 1500 after every meal 3 times a day 3 tablets

CVS Multi-Vitamin in monring with breakfast 1 tablet

Potassium and Magnessium sometimes when I retain water 1 time with a meal 1 tablet

I would like to squeeze a B-Complex in there somewhere not sure where.

Dolapo said:
why do y'all take your vitamins at certain times of the day? is there a benefit?

I've been told that taking vitamins/supplements and medications at the same time each day is a good thing to do b/c your body can then recognize the pills and get onto a cycle of utilizing them. It gives you the strongest amount of coverage...

I'm currently taking:

One Daily Women's Mutlivitamin (Kroger brand) 1 tablet daily

I was also taking Nature Made Super B Complex but ran out; I need to go buy some more! I'm thinking about adding Silica and Biotin to my vitamin intake.

ETA: I am now back to taking my Super B Complex. YAY! :yay: I don't think I'll get the Silica or Biotin. Two vitamins a day is enough for me!!! :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'm usually good about spacing out my vitamins throughuout the day, but I'll start taking them at specific times:

Puritan's Pride Amino 1500 - 2 tablets, 3x a day
Purtian's Pride Time Release MegaVitamins for Hair - 4 throughout the day
MSM - 4 1000mg capsules throught the day
Pantothenic Acid - 2 500mg capsules (morning and night)
Silica - 2 tablets 2x a day
Alfalfa - 4 650mg tablets

LDebagoria - any other advice about times for vitamins, or is the consistency more important?

1. Solaray Hair Nutrients
2. Jarrow Biosil Capsules
3. OptimMSM 1000 mg powder
4. QuickBust
(yes, I know the name sucks) I started taking this a few years ago to help with PMS. They helped make my hair and nails grow so beautifully during that time that I decided to start using them again. Here's what's in them:
Fenugreek Extract
Saw Palmetto
Fennel Seed
L-Tyrosine
Mexican Wild Yam
Kelp
Damiana
Dong Quai
Mother's Wort
Black Cohosh Extract
Avena Sativa
Blessed Thistle
Humulus Lupulus

Last edited:
Im taking...

GNC Nourish Hair tablets (2 at a time)

Twin Labs Amino Fuel-3 tablespoons each morning

Flaxseed oil (Meal[mixed in with Ultra Thick Hair Shake] and Tablet)-morning and evening

MSM-on a good week twice a day but im going to taper down due to these breakouts,s tart drinking water and then up the intake. Besides the GNC tablets have some MSM in it.

Ultra Thick Hair Shake mixed with Almond Dream (milk alternative), honey, vanilla, cinammon, nutmeg, MSM and Flaxseed meal/capsules. YUMMM!!!!!!!

LDebagoria said:
I've been told that taking vitamins/supplements and medications at the same time each day is a good thing to do b/c your body can then recognize the pills and get onto a cycle of utilizing them. It gives you the strongest amount of coverage...

I really need to be in this thread. I am so undisciplined when it comes to vitamins. I let both bottles of Centrum's Multi-Vitamins expire.

I do need some sort of schedule. I'm taking notes from you ladies.

I only take one Multi-vitamin and that's Vitamin World's Mega Vitamin for Women, do you think that is enough? Looking at the ingredients it has all the vitamins and minerals that are made in the world looks like! :lol:

Look in my siggy. Thanks for recommending Puritan Pride ladies! Just got a fresh batch of MSM, Biotin, Calcium and chlorophyll (new addition)

OneInAMillion said:
Thanks for the info. I'm usually good about spacing out my vitamins throughuout the day, but I'll start taking them at specific times:

Puritan's Pride Amino 1500 - 2 tablets, 3x a day
Purtian's Pride Time Release MegaVitamins for Hair - 4 throughout the day
MSM - 4 1000mg capsules throught the day
Pantothenic Acid - 2 500mg capsules (morning and night)
Silica - 2 tablets 2x a day
Alfalfa - 4 650mg tablets

LDebagoria - any other advice about times for vitamins, or is the consistency more important?

Hmmm....what else?...I'd say consistency is the most important, but spacing them at least an hour apart is important also. If you overlap things like vitamins and medications, certain ingredients can bond with one another and just pass through the body without any of it being absorbed.
Also, DON'T TAKE VITAMINS OR MEDICINE WITH MILK! Yes, it goes down easier, but the ingredients in milk also can bond to what's in the pill and everything may not be absorbed into the body.

Try to avoid vitamins that are made up into capLETS. They're the hard, larger pills, the synthetic vitamins. Although they work (I'm taking them right now 'cause I can't get the ones I want,) they aren't digested very quickly, so before all of the pill is absorbed, the body is passing it. I'm steering away from GNC's Hair Skin and Nails because of this. Stick to capSULES, the ones that you can pull apart and there's powder or liquid inside. They break down quickly and you get all of your dosage.
Natural vitamins are the best (I'm sure everyone here knows that,) they're more expensive but they're very good for you and they stick to the capsule form.

I've been taking this cheapo multi at night, not only because that's when your body repairs itself, but also because since your metabolism slows down so much during sleep, I figure if I have to take a caplet multi, then is the best chance for it to be broken down and absorbed.

:grin:

Last edited:
LD--Thanks for all this helpful info.

Just curious--what's the green tea extract for? I saw it the other day and remembered that you included it in your list of supplements.

TIA!

I take:
(Solgar) L-cystine--every other day between meals
The following I take afer breakfast:
(Solgar) MSM
(Rainbow light) Nail, hair, and skin
(GNC) horsetail
(Vitamin world) L-ysine
sometimes gota kola

I've been taking the rainbow light since Feb or March with MSM--slowly adding the rest--
The benefits--I've notice my hair sheds less

2-4 oz of Fruta Vida Juice when I first get up in the morning
Oil of Olay multivitamin taken right after breakfast or with breakfast
Flaxseed Oil Vitamin taken right after breakfast or with breakfast
Vitamin E taken right after breakfast or with breakfast
B-Complex taken right after breakfast or with breakfast (not sure if I'm going to continue with this one)

OneInAMillion said:
LD--Thanks for all this helpful info.

Just curious--what's the green tea extract for? I saw it the other day and remembered that you included it in your list of supplements.

TIA!

I've been reading about how over time, green tea extract aids in weight loss. I figure any little bit helps! :lol:

Carbsmart with Biotin (daily in the morning)
Super B-Complex (daily in the morning)
Evening Primrose Oil (currently out, was taking it 2x a day)
Vitamin E (one or two a day)
Estroven (for PMS, has a lot of herbs and stuff-- I might try the Quickbust mentioned in someone else's thread)
Oh, most of my vitamins have silica in them including my Calcium/ Mg that I take at night to relax/ sleep.

I'm still taking my HF37 vits!

3 Step Ones on an empty stomach - AM
2 Step Twos on a full stomach - lunch
3 Step Ones on an empty stomach - Bedtime (sometimes)

Working great!
SG

vitamin user everyday since Nov of last year still going strong!!

I am taking

Puritan Pride Super Biotin 5000mcg
Puritan Pride B-100's
Puritan Pride MSM 500mcg
Puritan Pride Chewable Protein 200mcg

HoneyDew said:
1. Solaray Hair Nutrients
2. Jarrow Biosil Capsules
3. OptimMSM 1000 mg powder
4. QuickBust
(yes, I know the name sucks) I started taking this a few years ago to help with PMS. They helped make my hair and nails grow so beautifully during that time that I decided to start using them again. Here's what's in them:
Fenugreek Extract
Saw Palmetto
Fennel Seed
L-Tyrosine
Mexican Wild Yam
Kelp
Damiana
Dong Quai
Mother's Wort
Black Cohosh Extract
Avena Sativa
Blessed Thistle
Humulus Lupulus

Honeydew, how are your boobies feeling? I used to use some of those herbs and they made my breasts ache. They're supposed to enhance them!

After breakfast I take 1 Oil of Olay skin wellness pack, 1000 mg biotin ,500 mg of biotin and silica.

One VitaStrand All Natural Hair Vitamin in the AM with Nutrigrain Bar or Fruit
One VitaStrand All Natural Hair Vitamin at lunchtime
Ultra Hair Thick Shake mixed with orange juice at night

On Saturdays I take a Naturemade Super B Complex as well

I keep it pretty simple:

Centrum Multi-Vitamin (1 per day)
Flaxseed Oil pills 12000mcgs (1 per day)

*On occations I'll take MSM only for my joints when I've overdone it on my exercising* :grin:

Back