Vacation Weave (with pic)

Skydancer

Hey Ladies,

So I am going on vacation in a few weeks and do not want to have to bother with my hair. A new salon just opened up in Philadelphia called The Weave Bar, so I decided to try them out. I went yesterday, and had an awesome experience, all for only $50! The staff was very nice, timely and professional. I was out of there in 2 hours with some beautiful, easy to manage hair. A few women walking by the shop even came in to look, because they were so astonished. "That doesn't look like a weave at all! Can I make an appointment?!" :lol:

Anywho, I know how you guys are with the pics. :grin: I only have my phone right now, because my sister is borrowing my camera, so this will have to do. I will take better pics and post them once I get my camera back. It was a cold, windy walk home, and I didn't have my stylist (Katrina) do much to the hair, because the hair already had some body to it. But it is still so cute and I am very happy with it, and the fact that I won't have to do much to it on vacation. I used wet & wavy hair, so that when I go in the ocean or pool, I still won't have to fuss much with the hair. They also gave me a free sample of the Mixed Chicks Leave-In Conditioner, but I have not tried it yet.

THE WEAVE BAR
http://www.theweavebar.com/

100% INDIAN HAIR WEAVING MILKY WAY INDIAN LOOSE DEEP 12
(I got 2 packs of the Color 2. Was on sale for $30 a few weeks ago)
BLACK HAIR STYLES | HAIR PRODUCT | HAIR PRODUCT | MILKY WAY 100% INDIAN HAIR WEAVING LOOSE DEEP 12

Attachments

• twba.jpg
    twba.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 294

Tiye

Looks nice. I'll keep them in mind for next time I'm in Philly. Looks like it would be 75 for me coz I don't do leave out. But still not bad at all price wise.

ATLcutey20

very pretty! i know we have $50 Weave shops in Atl, but never been. I might have to try them out when i get back.

Skydancer

how much of a leave out do you have and how long did it take them?

Thanks, everyone! :] It took about 2 hours. I had already washed and dried my hair beforehand, but they will do that for you there if you want. I asked her to leave as little of my real hair out as possible, because I am new to weaves and want to keep things low maintenance. She left very little out on the top/middle, and a little bit in the front/sides, and a little bit in the back (so that I can pull it back into a low pony or a bun).

The salon is also gorgeous and clean. And they have water, music, and wi-fi! :woot: They also sell the Mixed Chicks and the Jane Carter Solution product lines.

alive

looks beautiful. i'd love to have something like that close by. affordable + professional = happy alive :lol:

Skydancer

nice..does it get curly when you wet it or just wavy?

The ladies at the salon liked the hair a lot and were also curious about how it looked after it had been wet, especially after I asked what the best products to use and the best way to blend the hair would be. So they asked if they could cut a small piece before we started. They wet it and then dried it under the hood; the hair had a very nice curly wave to it, if that makes sense? :look: I didn't take that piece home with me, but I will try to remember to take pics once I wet my hair. :]

trackstar

hey all,

I just wanted to cosign. I went to this salon earlier today and they were great! so clean and nice, it was like I wasn't in the middle of west Philly.

I'll post a picture, though its kind of hard to see the actual job they did.

Can't believe it was only 50 bucks!

I used one pack of HE kinky straight.

Attachments

• Photo on 2011-01-22 at 16.37.jpg
    Photo on 2011-01-22 at 16.37.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 48