Members who grew out their layers... get in here

Finewine

I've been actively growing my hair for 14 months now and I'm getting tired of my layers. I have about 3-4 inches of hair that i'll ultimately have to cut. I wanted to wait until December to get to ~MBL then cut to right about BSL or either wait until next I get to about 3-4 inches past MBL and cut back to full MBL. I'm trying to wait until I reach beyond my goal so that the cut can be more blunt/full then I'll cut a few more layers in there for body. So, my questions are:

1) how did you grow out your layers?
2) how long did it take to fully grow them out?
3) what was the length of your hair when you started growing?
4) what was the diffference b/w your shortest layer and your longest?
5) did you cut everything evenly or waited until you reached a lengthe beyond your goal?

cairopiper

I was thinking the same thing this afternoon. I have layered hair and would love for it to be all one length so I'm bumping for some help :blush3:

I've been actively growing my hair for 14 months now and I'm getting tired of my layers. I have about 3-4 inches of hair that i'll ultimately have to cut. I wanted to wait until December to get to ~MBL then cut to right about BSL or either wait until next I get to about 3-4 inches past MBL and cut back to full MBL. I'm trying to wait until I reach beyond my goal so that the cut can be more blunt/full then I'll cut a few more layers in there for body. So, my questions are:

1) how did you grow out your layers? I just cut my hair all one length after a few months.
2) how long did it take to fully grow them out? I didn't let them fully grow out, I'm too impatient. Besides, I didn't like the way my hair was looking while it was growing out. The shape was weird.
3) what was the length of your hair when you started growing? APL
4) what was the diffference b/w your shortest layer and your longest? My shortest layer was about ear length. I had long layers.
5) did you cut everything evenly or waited until you reached a lengthe beyond your goal?Waited until it got a certain length and then cut it in a bob.

Answers are in Pink.

Thanks for the response. Your hair is gorgeous by the way.:drunk: Did you cut b/c you often wear your hair down?

Thanks hon! Yes, I mainly wear my hair down and I really wasn't feeling the look. It looked like I had split ends but I really didn't. But because all the hair in layers were towards the bottom, it appeared that way.

Finewine

Thanks hon! Yes, I mainly wear my hair down and I really wasn't feeling the look. It looked like I had split ends but I really didn't. But because all the hair in layers were towards the bottom, it appeared that way.

you're welcome! I rarely wear mine down, for the reasons that you listed. The layers make a big difference in the appearance of the hair. :ohwell: I'm still trying to hold out though. Any more testimonies?