USE UP YOUR STASH 2014: Session 1

JJamiah

Glad to see you. Have missed you. :yep:

Good to see you. If its just the cord and it was expensive, an electrician can fix the cord. My Pibbs and I speak from experience.

@faithVA @uofmpanther

Hi ladies. I have missed you guys too. I have just been battling life at the moment. I have to rent a room at the doctors as much time as I spend there. I have a rebel teen who, stressed me out so bad, my heart went whacky. I truly don't handle stress well. I now suffer from "HYPERTHYROIDISM" and "CELIAC DISEASE" :cry2:

I have to get on here more, the forum actually relaxes me some. :)

I paid about $50 for the dryer, but i already tossed it :perplexed
I guess i will try a new one.
maybe a FHI or a CHI.. i will get a clue what everyone uses in a post.

Holla

freecycle.org ... a place to give away/get stuff for free. I gave away hair products and some cheap weave that ended up in my possession. A Black lady showed up both times....she was like...just email me directly because you know these white people don't know what you are offering. :lol:

JJamiah

freecycle.org ... a place to give away/get stuff for free. I gave away hair products and some cheap weave that ended up in my possession. A Black lady showed up both times....she was like...just email me directly because you know these white people don't know what you are offering. :lol:

I give away a lot on Freecycle.. love it.. :)

faithVA

@faithVA @uofmpanther

Hi ladies. I have missed you guys too. I have just been battling life at the moment. I have to rent a room at the doctors as much time as I spend there. I have a rebel teen who, stressed me out so bad, my heart went whacky. I truly don't handle stress well. I now suffer from "HYPERTHYROIDISM" and "CELIAC DISEASE" :cry2:

:bighug: Sorry you are going through tough times. Hopefully between the doctor and self care you will be feeling much better soon.

faithVA

I never thought about freecycle for my hair products. It can definitely work. Will give away this extension hair too :yep:

ImanAdero

I think I can finish the Organix coconut! I used it tonight and have maybe about a quarter of the bottle left. I add some tea tree to it and it makes a great co wash.

lamaria211

I know! I don't know who to give stuff to. I do my sister's hair and my mother has her own products. Nobody else needs to know about my...situation. We need to have a meetup.

I really want to donate to some type of women's or girls shelter. Because I want to help someone needs them, ladies who dont have the access or resources to get good products. But it's been hard to find a place that will take them. Plus I don't want the staff stealing them!

greenandchic

@faithVA @uofmpanther

Oh no! I hope you have a great practitioner that can help you in your healing process.

:grouphug:

ImanAdero

Couldn't stay away from the Target sale.

Finally bought KCKT and also bought the Shea Moisture Yellow line conditioner. I think that's the moisturizing and restoring conditioner. If I don't like it or decide I don't want it, I'll return it.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Couldn't stay away from the Target sale.

Finally bought KCKT and also bought the Shea Moisture Yellow line conditioner. I think that's the moisturizing and restoring conditioner. If I don't like it or decide I don't want it, I'll return it.

I love Target's return policy

Ann0804

I finally used something up since I'm now washing/co washing twice a week.

Used up Jessicurl DC tx. I only have one more left. It's my favorite deep conditioner so I hope they have a sale soon.

Purchased: Jane Carter's nourish and shine, Oyin hair dew- my hair missed it after I said it was too oily lol. My area ended up having several days of 5 degree temperatures so I repurchased. I also restocked on Darcy's Herbal Mist since I only have 10% left.

I'm now back to focusing on using products up.

Ogoma

Used up CJ Smoothing Conditioner; opened last bottle
Used up 8 oz pour of Oyin Hair Dew; less than a quarter of the 32 oz bottle left.

As I am on the last bottle of everything, I am officially graduating from this challenge. Good luck ladies and I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of this challenge.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Even though the rules of this challenge state that we can buy one product a month, I really don't want to take advantage of that. That said, :look: I did take advantage of that Target $5 off hair products coupon and bought KBB Hair Blossom Moisture Mist.

sweetdreams23

Even though the rules of this challenge state that we can buy one product a month, I really don't want to take advantage of that. That said, :look: I did take advantage of that Target $5 off hair products coupon and bought KBB Hair Blossom Moisture Mist.

Well since we making confessions,

I confess that when my Instagram showed the $10 post on certain Entwined Couture products I bought 3 items... not one

I also bought more ouch less headbands....

But that's it! I swear!

ImanAdero

I also confess I won a $50 gift card to Target so I'm about to buy something lol.

Don't know what yet.

But it's about. To go. Down.

sweetdreams23

I also confess I won a $50 gift card to Target so I'm about to buy something lol. Don't know what yet. But it's about. To go. Down.

...Theres the new Shea Moisture Monoi line...

And Carol's Daughter lowered their prices on some products and are at Target now.

...and have new products as well.

Enjoy!

greenandchic

Used up
Acure Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner
Ecostyler Argan Oil Gel (though DH uses it more than I do)

Purchased
Beautiful Textures Leave In
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Mist

Last edited:

ImanAdero

Gained:

- Carol's daughter rosemary mint clarifying conditioner
- Carol's Daughter hair milk conditioning cleanser
- Carol's Daughter black Vanilla leave in

All were free courtesy of a Carol's Daughter Instagram giveaway!!! So I don't feel bad because it was free! I might end up giving away whatever I don't like lol.

uofmpanther

Used up my Curl Junkie Repair Me. I'll miss it till I buy it again.

In full disclosure, I also broke my no buy and bought Annabelle Perfect Blends blueberry cheesecake dc, white chocolate mask, and the birthday cake creme.

uofmpanther

Used up a CJ Smoothing Lotion. I'm also almost at the end of my Eco Styler gel.

To replenish necessities, today I bought a Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Conditioner and an Argan Oil Eco Styler gel.

ETA: I'm giving my sister a Hairveda Sitrinillah DC for her birthday

Last edited:

Beany

Used up TMN Alma and Avocado leave in (not a repurchase) and HH Pink lemon berry mimosa (not a repurchase. great product, but...ya know...the issues)

I've added to my stash :nono:

I plan to get through at least 4 more products before the session is over.

-Ynobe flaxseed smoothie
-Tresemme naturals
-As I Am coconut cowash
-Ynobe pumpkin spice silk something
*-MHC Buttery Soy (I've been using it as a body butter)

oneastrocurlie

Used:
SM Purification Masque. Definitely a staple. I had another on deck
Eco Styler Gel Crystal

Bought:
Eco Styler Gel Olive Oil. My first product purchase of the year :)

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Hello ladies! :wave: How's the using up going? I don't have any empties to report today, but I'm close on a couple of things.

I finally saw Oyin and Alikay Naturals in my local Target. I was really good and thought about this thread as I lovingly caressed the products, read the labels, and put them ALL back on the shelves. Soon, my sweets, soon.

However, I have just found a couple of possible HGs. One is Lacio Lacio, but that's no problem, I can always get that. The other is Nubian Heritage EVOO and Moringa butter. And now I think it has been dc'ed. :sad: BUT I think I found the LAST place to get some on the ground. I might have to go stock up and feel bad later.

Last thing--if there is anyone else like me that has a ton of cheapie conditioners that need to get used up, I saw Naptural85 use some in a really good way I never saw before. Because she used shampoo for the first time n years, she coated her hair with the con before rinsing out the shampoo in order to keep the hair from being totally stripped as the shampoo rinsed away. I'm going to try it and see if it makes any difference in my hair. :yep:

ETA: Here's the link to the video: http://youtu.be/8QzqugwbYEE

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Idk if I posted but finally used up my naturelle grow coconut and mango conditioner. Lasted me a good 6 washed though it would have been 8 if I wasn't in a rush to get rid of it.

faithVA

Wash day is tomorrow. Hopefully, I can use up something. But I have to add two more items to my list. I bought ION Chelating shampoo and conditioner. I have never chelated so I figured I would give it a try before I get too far into the year. I couldn't really tell a difference which is good. Maybe I will give it away.