Updates on Steamers? Pibbs?

amara11

I know there was a LONG thread on steamers that I read post for post. But I haven't heard much recently about what some of you guys decided to buy. I also haven't heard anything about the Pibbs Steamer deal.

I'm really considering biting the bullet and getting it, but I don't want to feel like boo-boo the silly fool and get it one week before we get a 50% off deal or something.

So ladies who were contemplating getting a steamer (and didn't post in the other thread) which one did you get?

Is a Pibbs deal in the works, or was that squashed? I was looking at this one
http://www.ibbe.net/pd_hair_steamers_processors_52-yh701.cfm

But at 250, it's like.. I could save up a lil more and get a Pibbs ya know?

I got a caruso... I've only used it twice, and I haven't had great results... :wallbash:
I don't know if that's due to the fact I was in BAD need of a touch-up.

I am waiting around for a deal also. I was going to order a steamer and a dryer from Salon Outfitters but I see they are gone from Ebay now. The price I have to pay for waiting to order I guess.:sad:

I am waiting around for a deal also. I was going to order a steamer and a dryer from Salon Outfitters but I see they are gone from Ebay now. The price I have to pay for waiting to order I guess.:sad:
They arent on Ebay anymore???
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I know. The website isn't done yet so I'm gonna keep checking Ebay to see if they put anything else up. It's really strange though because when I talked to him they had pages of items up.

I just got my Aphrodite stand up steamer today - and of course I had to try it out straight away! I'm used to getting a weekly steam with my hairdresser so I'm used to seeing the results, but doing it myself with my own products was great. My hair was so light, silky with lots of bounce by the time I finished drying, I am VERY happy with my steamer!

BUMP.........

I want a steamer and was just wondering about that same thread :look:

I'd also like to know what steamers everyone purchased and how they are liking them so far...

I know. The website isn't done yet so I'm gonna keep checking Ebay to see if they put anything else up. It's really strange though because when I talked to him they had pages of items up.
They do have a website. I forgot about that. The owner told me they did when I was grilling her about the "pibbs" I bought from them a while back. Here it is: www.salonoutfitters.com

Last edited:
I have a steamer and love it
I haven't used it lately because I ended up actually putting it away in my closet and have been too lazy to just roll it up.

I'm doing a cowash tonight but plan to use the steamer this weekend.

I have a steamer too and i LOVE LOVE :Love: it! When i first did it, i used it once a week for a month. Now my hair is in great condition so i can use it once every 2 weeks. I have found that i can use heat more often because the moisture levels in my hair are up :woot:

I have a steamer too and i LOVE LOVE :Love: it! When i first did it, i used it once a week for a month. Now my hair is in great condition so i can use it once every 2 weeks. I have found that i can use heat more often because the moisture levels in my hair are up :woot:

What kind do you have, and where'd you get it? You gotta share! lol

At the beauty palour I don't think she keeps it on long enough for me. First it is off and takes a little while too really boost. So I think paying the extra money is not worth it. I would like to hear from the people that tried it in a steam room. I tried it twice and am not sure about the results. The second I went straight to the beauty parlour and it came out great. I would like to try next week on newly relaxed hair and set it myself. Also ladies are you using protein or moisturizer when you do it? Perhaps that makes a difference.

What kind do you have, and where'd you get it? You gotta share! lol

I bought it from a stylist on this board. Someone posted a picture of it on the original steamer thread...ill have to find it.

i think they are worth every penny.

I think that using the steam room at the sauna or other stop gap measures is better than nothing at all. Some folks have to use what they have at their disposal. Imho you just can't beat investing in your own steamer and using it in the best way for your hair. If there's anyway you can afford one and you have moisture issues with your hair. Investing in a steamer is the way to go to increase moisture levels and reduce overall hair issues.

At the beauty palour I don't think she keeps it on long enough for me. First it is off and takes a little while too really boost. So I think paying the extra money is not worth it. I would like to hear from the people that tried it in a steam room. I tried it twice and am not sure about the results. The second I went straight to the beauty parlour and it came out great. I would like to try next week on newly relaxed hair and set it myself. Also ladies are you using protein or moisturizer when you do it? Perhaps that makes a difference.

I don't think it matters as long as you're not going OTT with the protein. Yesterday I did a protein steam and followed up with moisture, when I wash again at the weekend I'll use moisture only.

They are expensive, but they are worth the investment imo. It doesn't take very long to see a difference in the hair at all.

I bought the Pibbs Misty around a month ago and I really like it.I know i'll love it even more after my touch up because my new growth shows me no mercy no matter what!:lachen:Steaming definately made it more manageable but one lesson learned is stretching is not for me!::Starts thinking about all the hair I could've retained by not stretching:::wallbash:

I bought the Pibbs Misty around a month ago and I really like it.I know i'll love it even more after my touch up because my new growth shows me no mercy no matter what!:lachen:Steaming definately made it more manageable but one lesson learned is stretching is not for me!::Starts thinking about all the hair I could've retained by not stretching:::wallbash:

oooooohhhh you got the Pibbs??

You have to share- give us your review of it!

How much? From where? How do you use it? Do you like it? Was it worth it? Was it on sale?

Yada yada. Lol

Give us the dirt! Please? :grin:

oooooohhhh you got the Pibbs??

You have to share- give us your review of it!

How much? From where? How do you use it? Do you like it? Was it worth it? Was it on sale?

Yada yada. Lol

Give us the dirt! Please? :grin:

I got mine from Wholesale Salon Equipment http://wholesalesalonequipment.com/
I paid $488.95 including shipping w/o shipping it was $450.I felt the customer service was great and it got here new and not used lol.I say that cuz I ordered the Pibbs 514 the same time from another site and that was just horrible it was used and came here open.I put the water in,turn it on the highest setting 10 to get the steam goin,then turned it down to 5.I only used it once and my hair was definately different cuz I could actually comb through my 15 week old new growth w/o breaking.It actually felt moisturized for a week until I got my relaxer.For me it was worth it cuz I saved up for everything I bought at the time and just splurged.I'm worth it:grin:

My steamer is not a Pibbs but i still love it. I got mine from ebay, Salons R Us, for $139 free shipping and it's digital.

I got mine from Wholesale Salon Equipment http://wholesalesalonequipment.com/
I paid $488.95 including shipping w/o shipping it was $450.I felt the customer service was great and it got here new and not used lol.I say that cuz I ordered the Pibbs 514 the same time from another site and that was just horrible it was used and came here open.I put the water in,turn it on the highest setting 10 to get the steam goin,then turned it down to 5.I only used it once and my hair was definately different cuz I could actually comb through my 15 week old new growth w/o breaking.It actually felt moisturized for a week until I got my relaxer.For me it was worth it cuz I saved up for everything I bought at the time and just splurged.I'm worth it:grin:

Thanks a lot! That's a lil cheaper than the prices I have been seeing for the Pibbs steamer :grin:....

I think I'm leaning towards just getting it.......

Excuse my ignorance, but this “steamer” is actually a steamer and a dryer? :perplexed It steams the hair and dries it, too, right? Applying moisture is it’s purpose? Correct me if I’m wrong, because I really don’t know.:nono:

Excuse my ignorance, but this “steamer” is actually a steamer and a dryer? :perplexed It steams the hair and dries it, too, right? Applying moisture is it’s purpose? Correct me if I’m wrong, because I really don’t know.:nono:

No, Pibbs is a brand and they make both steamers and driers separately. The purpose of the steamer is to use the steam from water to allow penetration of the hair shaft and cuticle (by conditioners) to occur more efficiently.

hth

Back