Ugh, Layers Were Annoying For Me.

DrC

3 1/2 months, I took my yarn braids out and got a wonderful amount of growth with them. I straightened my hair for the first time since going natural and noticed I had too many layers. I figured my layers would eventually grow out , but the layers made my hair look almost like a square when blown out. My crown is +- 8-9 inches and the back of my hair ( from the middle of my head is +- 13 1/2-14 inches; a big measuring difference from each other. Aside from dusting, my hair health and growth rate is fine. I'm not a fan of layers because they take forever to grow out, never catch up with each other, and annoy me. I went on ahead and cut my hair even all around to 8-9 inches. I get better results with an even blunt cut (or even long layers), and find it more efficient.

Please excuse the yarn braid in the first picture. since I live in such a humid area my hair has some shrinkage

Please excuse my big arse forehead. It likes to ruin pictures :lol:

Last edited:
I am the same way. I'll never get deep layers like I used to have. made my fine hair look super thin ugh!
when i cut my hair in a bob, I grew it out blunt, and have basically maintained that.

I am the same way. I'll never get deep layers like I used to have. made my fine hair look super thin ugh!
when i cut my hair in a bob, I grew it out blunt, and have basically maintained that.

Do you think your hair is easier to maintain than layers? Layers made my hair look thin also. My hair is pretty thick, so it made it look like I had bad ends or something.

Do you think your hair is easier to maintain than layers? Layers made my hair look thin also. My hair is pretty thick, so it made it look like I had bad ends or something.

perhaps but i'm so low maintenance anyways so idk. lol.
i guess maybe it's easier to moisturize all my ends at once?? :look:
mine looked like bad ends too!! just ratty and thin.
it is strange to see you in the hair forum girl. :lol:

perhaps but i'm so low maintenance anyways so idk. lol.
i guess maybe it's easier to moisturize all my ends at once?? :look:
mine looked like bad ends too!! just ratty and thin.
it is strange to see you in the hair forum girl. :lol:

Yeah, I know. I'm drawn to all the fuggery that goes on in other forums. :look: Its so entertaining :lol:

I did the exact same thing a year ago. I hated layers with my fine hair so i did a huge blunt cut or a mini chop to cut the back of my hair to match the front. Now its super thick and I don't regret it.

Back