Training tip: How to Sharpen self relaxer Application speed & Coordination!.

nadine1977canada

I just had a wonderful idea for those of you who are about to self -relax for the first time. I am about the self relax myself for te very first time in my life and had a wonderful idea!! Why not practice! My main worries as a first timer is that I will make a mess, use too much straightener in one section,or not be quick enough.(Keep in mind i haven't put a relaxer in my head since 1999, so I will be doing my entire head.

Here i is a way to train yourself before actually relaxing your hair.The goal of this exercise is to get use of the amount of cream you will be using while relaxing, assuring to use it complety in all section of the head and quickness of application. Here is the idea:

1. Look up the relaxer you plan to use and mark down the amount of straightening cream that comes with it. ( I plan to use Phytorelaxer index 2) It comes with 7.6 oz of Straightening cream. Also Inform yourself of the amount of time the relaxer should remain on your head.

2. Find a empty container with the exact or close amount than the relaxer. For example: In my case Phytospecific comes with 7.6 oz straightening cream.So I'm looking for empty containers of 7.6 oz and fill it with Deep conditionning cream( queen helene conditioner or ORS mayo if your protein DC on your particular day)

3. Have a Timer with you and plastic gloves. Access to 2 mirrors ( so you can also look the work you do behind your head.

4.Devide the hair in section like you would self relax and apply the Deep Conditonner while timing yourself. Now see the time it takes to apply the Deep conditionner and Compare to the amount of time the relaxer should be on your head.From there you can tell if you need to be quicker or not. If you applied to much DC in one section or not.

I know this is kind of cheesy but its one way that i figured that i could actually practice and sharpen my application speed.:lachen: