Took My Braids Out....venting

tsturnbu

hey ladies,

i finally took my braids out the other day and relaxed tonight. i used ors lye (extra lenghth) and unfortunately, my hair is severly underprocessed. i left it in for 25 minutes and smoothed it well. however, my hair is sooo puffy. i really didnt want to go to the salon (tryna save money), but it looks like i may have to. it seems as though whenever i come out of braids, my hair is super thick and ultra resistant to relaxers for a couple of months. my new growth is still incredibly thick and coarse. i will post pics tomorrow, when i download my pics AND after i come back from the salon so they can properly rollerset my hair.

also, i think my hair grew a few inches, but it is hard to tel now because it is so puffy.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in braids and use the same type/strength of relaxer. If I make it I'll be 20 weeks posts, braids only in for 2 months.

How long did you have your braids in? Technically you are not suppose to relax right after taking braids out. You're suppose to wait 1 to 2 weeks(I believe) but some don't. Me personally like to deep condition after taking braids out and wait 1-2 weeks(depending on how many weeks post)

When I relax my hair right after braids, even if I wait a week of two, it does not process as well as the next touchups.

I am not sure why. It has always been like that for me.

When I was relaxed I used to get touch-ups immediately after I took my braids down all the time...:look: For the most part, it wasn't a problem at all for me. But I would mostly get it done at the salon. The one and only bad experience I had with that, ultimately led to my decision to go natural.

How long did you have your braids in? Technically you are not suppose to relax right after taking braids out. You're suppose to wait 1 to 2 weeks(I believe) but some don't. Me personally like to deep condition after taking braids out and wait 1-2 weeks(depending on how many weeks post)

:yep: You're supposed to wait 1-2 weeks.

I wish I had known this the first time I relaxed my hair after taking out some C&G's thats where my 1st under processing came from

Back