Too much ceramide?

angelica

From what i understand about ceramides from the board, they're like protein just more moisturising. I've started incorporating them in my regimen. Is it possible to have too much ceramide just as one can have too much protein? TIA

I don't know how frequently you plan to use, but I use one vile of forte-therapie once a month...I use a vile of forte-therapie and hydra-theraphie with my relaxer (which is scheduled every 3 months) and I'm experiencing good results.

I don't know if you would need it beyond once a week max - it's a salon treatment designed for damaged hair to rebuild/restore but I think once a month or twice a month would be sufficient??

Might ask Sareca, Aggie, etc...as they were one of the few who brought the ceramide experience to LHCF and they would know for sure...:perplexed

Last edited:
I also use the hydratherapie once per month, but a lot of my other products contain ceramides - biolage fortifying shampoo, mizani thermastrength as a leave in and mizani h20 overnight treatment X2 a week.

So far so good, i was just wondering if eventually it would dry out my hair like when i used to overdo the protein (for lack of knowledge)

Ceramides will build up on the hair easily. In this case, a good clarifying shampoo should help out.

thanks Supergirl. I use Mizani chelating shampoo every 3rd week. Actually it was your tip about Mizani overnight treatment that made me use it and it's the truth. thanks

I use my biolage ceramides once every 2 weeks but they are gentle enough to use once a week. I have a lot of other products that I do not need to use the ceramides weekly. I sometimes mix one in with my deep conditioner and my hair turns out really nice and soft with a lot of slip.

What products were you planning to add?

Have you used them yet to even see if your hair likes the product?

Ceramides and protein are alike but don't use them interchangably. It might help you if you go back and reread the ceramide thread.

How about just using them as directed first too see how your hair responds and go from there.

Back