Time 4 the Flaxseed Oil! Whos with me?

Candy_C

It is time to pull out my yucky flaxseed oil, 1 tablespoon a day keeps the scissors away!!! my hair has missed this stuff sooo much.

now that the weather is funky i think this is the perfect supplement to balance things out.

In my experience, Why Flaxseed OIL Is So Important:

• my hair was never as moisturized as it was when i took flax
  • my whole texture seems to be as one, my hair resembled a dark brown sheet!
  • my ends were so moist i thought i may have gave myself a fresh trim and oiling in my sleep!
  • my hairgrowth was slightly more with flax than without...they say biotin and flax are best taken together too
  • i could moisturize my hair ONCE per week!
  • Dry hair? psh my hair was far from dry..it was oily and shiney!
  • Over 9,000mg in a tablespoon? u cant really complain about that!
  • i had results within 3 days...flax OIL doesn't take long to get into the system

so for these reasons i'm goin back on it today, plus i saved money on face cream..i simply didnt need any!

Nanyanika

I've just restarted mine last week, it certainly makes my texture softer, i orginally began them in December last year, however i have decided to continue taking them as they are benefical to health. not entirely sure whether it increased growth though.

Hmmm. Candy C what strength of flaxseed oil do you use. I just got my shipment of Puritan's Pride today (softgels) and it's 1,000 mg.-- Where do you get it from and how does it taste when you take the tlbs?

Kimberly

I need to get back on my flaxseed oil capsules.

It didn't help with growth for me so much as it made my new growth soft and wavy like.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I take the capsules but I want to take the oil because there's more mg. What does it taste like?

leleepop

I'm in I like to take the Omega 3 with fish,borage,and flax.What does this challenge consist of?

Nanyanika

Brownshugaz said:
I'm interested. any other benefits of the oil? isn't it a laxative?
its only a laxative if you over do it, silly me i took a combo of flax and evening primrose amounting 16,000mg, you can guess what happened next.....let's say i've learnt my lesson now.

PaperClip

Thank you for the reminder re. flaxseed oil (and fish oil) as the cooler months start coming in.... When I do what I'm supposed to do, I take two tablespoons of flaxseed oil in the morning or I'll add it to my oatmeal. I get VERY REGULAR. My skin glows. I am not sure what happens with the hair but I'm sure that something good happens! The taste doesn't bother me as I usually pinch my nose and swallow quickly.

tenderheaded

I've never stopped! Every day since 4/04!!! I take Puritan's Pride 1000 mg 2x and 1200 fish oil. I started taking them because they lower cholesterol - the skin and hair are added bonuses:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Proudpiscean

Does flaxseed oil make you gain weight? I thought I read/heard that somewhere? maybe I'm wrong.....

ETA: Nevermind...I just did a google search, it actually can enhance weight loss!:eek: Count me in!:lol:

Last edited:

Cichelle

I was so good with taking flaxseed oil for months. I even brought it with me when I went overseas. But then during a hectic time a few weeks ago, I ran out and never got around to buying more. I want to go back to taking it. I'll start next week when I can get to the health food store. Thanks for the reminder. I'm in.

nadine1977canada

Candy_C said:
It is time to pull out my yucky flaxseed oil, 1 tablespoon a day keeps the scissors away!!! my hair has missed this stuff sooo much.

now that the weather is funky i think this is the perfect supplement to balance things out.

In my experience, Why Flaxseed OIL Is So Important:

• my hair was never as moisturized as it was when i took flax
  • my whole texture seems to be as one, my hair resembled a dark brown sheet!
  • my ends were so moist i thought i may have gave myself a fresh trim and oiling in my sleep!
  • my hairgrowth was slightly more with flax than without...they say biotin and flax are best taken together too
  • i could moisturize my hair ONCE per week!
  • Dry hair? psh my hair was far from dry..it was oily and shiney!
  • Over 9,000mg in a tablespoon? u cant really complain about that!
  • i had results within 3 days...flax OIL doesn't take long to get into the system

so for these reasons i'm goin back on it today, plus i saved money on face cream..i simply didnt need any!

I was planning of doing the same thing!!!:lol: I read spmewhere online that 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil is the equivalent of 15 tablets. Anyway, I only take Centrum Maximum strenght vatimins and i plan to add PP Biotin and take some Flaxseed oil.

Where do you buy your flaxseed oil? Where can i purchase it online. It would be great to add it to my fall/ winter regiment:look:

Oh yeah.. You can count me in!!!:clap:

Last edited:

lmjenk67

Must be meant for me to join this challenge. I went to Whole Foods at lunch and picked up the tablets plus evening primrose before I ever logged on to LHCF. I'm going to take 2 gel tablets (1000 mg/each) each day.

I also put the ground flax seed in my oatmeal (yuck) or in my protein shakes (masks the taste).

myco

lmjenk67 said:
I also put the ground flax seed in my oatmeal (yuck) or in my protein shakes (masks the taste).

I prefer the ground flax and I also add it to a protein shake. It gives it more texture, but I can't taste anything.

KiniKakes

nadine1977canada said:
I read somewhere online that 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil is the equivalent of 15 tablets.

Wow!!! I may have to reconsider taking the capsules and get on this oil bandwagon. :)

chiprecious

I sooo agree. I can't take the taste of the oil. Plus you get soo much more mg with the actual oil and ground flax than with the capsules. However I use the capsules and my backup when I'm being too lazy to take the 2 tbls of ground flax. I then take 2 capsules with each meal.

myco said:
I prefer the ground flax and I also add it to a protein shake. It gives it more texture, but I can't taste anything.

nomoweavesfome

I'm already taking flaxseed meal with my cereal everymorning so I won't have to down so many pills. Does that count for anything?

myco

Here is a snippet from an article I read:

Flax seeds, because they contain some protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, and lignins, are more nutritious than their oil. Yet, for practical purposes, most consumers prefer simply using the oil for its omega-3 fatty acids and not having to bother with grinding the seeds. But nutritionally speaking, it's worth the trouble to grind fresh flax seeds (say, in a coffee grinder) and sprinkle them as a seasoning on salads or cereals, or mix them into muffins. When buying seeds, be sure they are whole, not split; splitting exposes the inner seed to light and heat and decreases the nutritional value. Or, buy pre-ground flax seeds, available as flaxseed meal. One ounce of flaxseed meal (approximately 4 tbsp.) will yield about 6 grams of protein, and 8 grams of fiber.

I also read an article that said that you can use both. Using the oil as a kind of "booster". But since flax seeds/oils have a laxative affect - you have to be careful not to over do it.

Last edited:

Cichelle

myco said:
Here is a snippet from an article I read:

Flax seeds, because they contain some protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, and lignins, are more nutritious than their oil. Yet, for practical purposes, most consumers prefer simply using the oil for its omega-3 fatty acids and not having to bother with grinding the seeds. But nutritionally speaking, it's worth the trouble to grind fresh flax seeds (say, in a coffee grinder) and sprinkle them as a seasoning on salads or cereals, or mix them into muffins. When buying seeds, be sure they are whole, not split; splitting exposes the inner seed to light and heat and decreases the nutritional value. Or, buy pre-ground flax seeds, available as flaxseed meal. One ounce of flaxseed meal (approximately 4 tbsp.) will yield about 6 grams of protein, and 8 grams of fiber.

I also read an article that said that you can use both. Using the oil as a kind of "booster". But since flax seeds/oils have a laxative affect - you have to be careful not to over do it.

This is great info! I think I'm going to give the flaxseed meal a try. I need the fiber.

frankie

I went through my products stash yesterday...I found some Sundown Flax, Fish & Borage Oils Softgels. One softgel contains 400mg of each. I'll be taking at least 1 daily along with my CVS Daily Multiple Vitamin for Women.

miracle

I'm in!!! I picked up my Flax, Fish & Borage Oil two weeks ago. :yep: I can already tell the difference with my hair & skin.

Taya

Hi, I'm in too. I had been taking flax,borage and fish oil soft gel caps by Rexall for a while ,but haven't taken it in bout a month. I just started w/ the flax seeds (grounded) by Rexall,the 1st time I used it I took a spoonful straight and it tastes like grounded peanuts. Now I've been sprinkle it over everything I eat. I wanted to try the oil but wasn't sure what brand. Candy C where you get yours and what brand?

buttaflye03

I'm in too. I'll try to pick this up this weekend as I needed to get other vitamins anyway. I'll probably try it when I know I'll be home for the day, just in case I overdo it.;)

MonaLisa

I'm down....I just happened to buy a jar of Ground Flax Seed this evening before I even logged on and saw the thread. I figure I can start putting it on my oatmeal in the morning...

Good timing!:D

myco

buttaflye03 said:
I'm in too. I'll try to pick this up this weekend as I needed to get other vitamins anyway. I'll probably try it when I know I'll be home for the day, just in case I overdo it.;)

If you're taking the ground flax and flax oil in the right amounts, it's more of a cumulative affect. It takes a couple of days to a week of continued use before you notice any effect. Even then, the difference won't have you chained to the bathroom. You'll just notice a higher quality product. (Sorry, that was the best I could think of). It's not like synthetic laxatives where you are literally on the clock once you take it.

Hope that wasn't TMI