Three Month Challenge (Sept.-Dec.)

A

AmilLion

Are there any going on? If not, would anyone care to join.

Simply post your regimen and list the products you are using. (You have to remain consistent with the products the entire challenge). Part of the 3-month challenge, we will wear protective hair styles. Vitamins are an option.

December 17, 2003 we'll let our hair down, measure the growth and report. Sounds good?

============================================================
Regimen:
Wash hair weekly
Protective Styles include: Drawstring ponytail and buns
Use of only Wide tooth combs and fine tooth to smooth edges (both seamless).

Products:
Elucence Moisturizing Shampoo
Keracare Humecto (Moisturizing)
K-Pak (Protein)
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Ultra Black Hair Dew

Re: Three Month Challenge

Count me in! I do conditioner washes everyday with Pantene and VO5 hot oil once a week. My hair is too short to do anything but protective styles. I wear a clip on bun thing. I am taking 2 Viviscal, 1 One a Day, and 5mg biotin. I am trying to keep it simple so I can keep it up! Good luck all! Wish me luck!

I'm in!!

Shampoo: Elucence
Conditioner: Elucence Moisture Balance/Keracare Humecto
Protein: Bone Marrow/Elucence
Clarifying: Baking soda/Suave Clarifying
Oils: Hot 6/EVOO/Grapeseed Oil/Jojoba/Rosemary (mixture)
Leave In: Infusium

I have finally narrowed it down to this. Still looking for a conditioner for my CO washes though. I just bought the Suave Humectress(sp?). If it works I am done being a PJ. Well I still need to find a good product to help lay down my new growth....

Hi ladies
wave.gif
I'll join in a three month challenge.

All I wear this time of year is protective styles anyway. I'm going to try a phoney pony or bun this winter, along w/an ocassional french twist or pinned up braidout style.

I use Nexxus products, Botanoil or Therappe Shampoo, Humectess and Keraphix conditioners. Daily moisturizers vary depending on my style.

I take vitamins for my health as well as my hair & skin.

Okay, I'm down!
Shampoo: Nutrine Garlic shamp (1st lather), CON for 2nd lather
Moisturizing condits: Elasta Intense, LUST
Protein: Aphogee, Growth Masque (mild)
Weekly hot oil treatments using Proclaim's oil
Weekly hair maintinence: BB catsor oil moist. and proclaim's Ice pomade (like a slicking gel)

Rollerset or wet wrap to dry

Yes!! This is what I need for motivation. How often are we going to post each other?

Here's my regimen (so far...lol)

Daily:

-Vitamins (1 Geritol multi, 10-1000mcg PP Biotin, 1 GNC Ultranourishair)

-Rinse hair during nightly shower with water only (I haven't found a daily conditioner that won't tangle my hair)

-Flat twist hair with Hot Six Oil and Protectiv (sp?) cream before bedtime

-Unravel twists and wear hair up (I, too have short hair, so I wear a messy french-bun inspired up-do. Since my hair will have a curly texture from the twists, I can get away with it
wink.gif
)

Weekly

-Wash with Creme of Nature Shampoo (I'll use this more often if my hair starts to itch)

-Deep condition with Hot Six Oil and Queen Helene's Cholesterol (I sit under the dryer for about 15-20min. I forgot how wonderfully hot oil treatments treat my hair)

I guess that's it. Is everyone trying to get 1 inch/month?

krys

We're going to post our results December 17th. We must stick with the same products that we start with and wear protective hair styles.

Count me in? I was kind of doing this on my own, but I will stick to the same products.

1) I going to do daily co washes since I have a TWA, use suave once a day at night, and rinse in the morning.

2) Moisture with mylevae in cocoction in the morning ( V05 strawberry and cream with EVOO and UBH dew)...in the evening massage HOlloywood olive oil cream.

3)Deep condition my hair twicw a week...( detangle with a fake conair version of denman brush).

Sunday: with UBH conditioner...But before I going to do a hot oil treatment with EVOO, then co wash with suave clarifying conditioner. Rinse out dew with an ACV rinse.

Wednesdays: just going to leave in Lekair tea tree cholesterol in for an hour with or without a warm towl.

4) shampoo my hair with CON in 2-3 week cycles. I think I'm shampooing my hair too much and I truly want to see if co washes are for me.

At that time I will measue for growth

5) Going to stick with my Body for Life regimen, and take my vitmains. Going to eat more fruits and veggies with only chicken, tuna, eggs for protein. ( no diary, beef or pork)

I'm going to join in too, since I had set a mini goal for myself by Dec. on my own.
My regimen: Wash and deep condition with heat once a week (my hair becomes dry after 1 week) deep conditioners that I rotate are: keracare humecto, dudleys moisturizing protein conditioner, wheat germ tropical cond, evoo and kemi oyl hot oil treatment...
when I notice that my hair feels weak (usually after 2 months), I will use the apohgee 2 min. reconstructor/ QP breakage serum or apohgee protein cond. followed by the moisture balancing cond. and also clarify. My regular shampoo is johnsons moisturizing baby shampoo.
I usually wear my hair in a low bun, twists/outs or french braids...all of these styles are pretty much "protective" except for the times when I have my hair pressed , which I plan to do by the end of this challenge to check my length.
I'm aiming for 2 more inches , which might be a bit unrealistic since I decided to stop taking MSM capsules (causing me to break out severely) but hopefully I'll get there. Good luck to all!
weird.gif

I'm in...

Vitamins
3000 MSM, B-Complex, 5mg Biotin, Multi
Protective Hairstyle
conrows/phonytail
Daily Treatment
profectiv creams
worlds of curl spray
rinse w/ distilled water
carrot oil
wgo
Weekly
Pre-shampoo w/ evoo
pantene moisturizing shampoo and conditioner for natuaral and relaxed hair
deep condition w/ queen helene cholesterol

What about you Amillion? What is your regimen for the three month challenge?

I wanna join to. I have been doing my own challenges and they have been sucessfull. I just got my hair braided, even though its getting a little cold i will still try to rinse my hair every night (cause that stuff works).
My hair shrinks a lot so I have no idea how long it is guessing each strand is 8-9 in long.
My products are head and shoulders, suave, Glovers grease for hairline, and soon to be added s-curl or activator.
I started growing out my natual hair Feb 2002.

Oooo oooo oooo! Great idea!
clap.gif

I was trying to motivate myself to get my hair strategy together, and this challenge is definitely an incentive (also reasonable, because the year challenge is out of my league right now). Anyway, here goes...

Vitamins:
Multi, 4000 mcg Biotin, 2000 mg MSM

Daily:
- Wrap hair in silk scarf every night
- Oil ends with Always Indian Hemp

Weekly:
- Wash with CON Professional for Regular Hair (Clarify with Pantene when necessary)
- Protein Condition with Got2Be Smooth Reconstructor
- Moisturizing Condition with LUST or CON Nourishing Conditioner
- Leave in with Motions Nourishing Leave In and Activator Spray
- Protective 3-in-1 Phase Oil and Shea butter

Styles:
- Twistouts
- Kinky Bun using the famous Adrienne baggie technique

I can't wait! I already have an appointment to get my hair pressed and trimmed next week, so that will be the only exception, BUT at least the trim (first one in 6 months) will give me a fresh start with healthy ends.
smile.gif

I'll join..Here's my regimine:

Weekend:
1. Shampoo w/ Nexxus Therappe
2. Condidion w/ Humectress and EVOO (will use a reconstructor prior to this if needed)
3. Leave in Nexxus Headress and a few drops WGO
4. Dobbie, Bun

Mid week (if I have time)
Same as above, minus the EVOO and I'll dry in a ponytail.

Daily Maint, Scurl, Mango Butter, Hot Six Oil

I know I'll be throwing a clarifying shampoo before the therappe a few times between now and Dec.

I'M IN! I'M IN!
clap.gif

Regime: Daily conditioner wash with suave coconut conditier and professional creme of nature for scalp. (Pretreat with olive oil, hot six oil, v05 oil, and honey once a week)

Condition for 15-20 minutes with plastic cap with keracare humecto, comb through with conditioner in. (deep condition with lekair for an hour once a week)

Rinse out and do acv rinse.

Put on motions nourish leave in, s curl, and olive oil and comb through.

Bun (with foam donut covered with silk/satin fabric and LOTS of not hair breaking hair accesories, gotta dress it up
laugh.gif
) daily. (I may cheat for a special occasion comin' up and wear my hair down.)
wink.gif

Sleep in satin/silk bonnet

(ok, maybe I didn't need to go into so much detail, i got a little carried away
grin.gif
)

newbie.gif

Hi Ladies. Count me in. I have been lurking for about 6 months and have had tremendous success with growth and hairhealth. My current length is about 18in from hairline to end, actually probably more since it was 17.5in two months ago (will measure tonight). My goal is brastrap by the end of the challenge. I will be taking vitamins which I staterd recently. Ultrhairnorish, additional Biotin and MSM which have not arrived yet. Probably today (ordered from Puritan Pride). Will try to post pictures by weekend of current length (will get husband to take them).
Just wanted to thank you ladies for great assistance over the last six months. Good Luck to all.
up.gif

Jo.

I'm in!
Shampooing & deep condtioning 2x a week.
Wearing my hair natural at least every other week.
Air drying before flat ironing.
Lubricating the ends with WGO & LeKair Cholesterol.
Taking my HF37 vitamins faithfully.
Drinking water
Drinking water
and did I mention drinking water?
look.gif

Count me in!

Weekly:

Shampoo with CON ultra moisturizing formula
Deep condition with a mixture of Lekair Cholestrol, olive oil, shea butter, and maybe honey
Massage scalp with a oil mixture of castor/olive/rosemary
Moisturize ends with a sheabutter/olive oil mixture
Style in two strand twists

Daily:

Spritz hair with water and moisturize the ends with my shea butter mixture
Consume 5 mg of biotin
Exercise
Eat healthy
Stop stroking my hair every second!
angry2.gif

Count me in as well. I've been adhering to Robin's (the hairlady)regimen. I'm in my sixth week (as of this friday) of having my hair in individual braids. So far i've been washing every three weeks (yes another one coming up i know) with a dandruff shampoo and creme of nature. I moisturize my hair every night with my own little concotion of infusium 23 leave in conditioner, s curl activator, braid spray and some type of oil. i wrap my hair in a silk scarf every night before bed. I'm due to take out my braids next month but when i do, it'll be back to the braid outs for a month and then i'll be relaxing my hair and putting some cornrows in until december 17th. when i have my braid outs i'll wash nightly with pantene women of color conditioner and braid my hair using s-curl activator.

happy growing

crystal
weird.gif

I'm in!

Shampoo: Nexxus Therape
Dailly conditioner: nexxus humectress
Deep conditioner: Ion reconstructor mixed with coconut oil
Leave-In: Elasta QP Recovery and H-Two and Mango Butter
Daily Spray: Distilled water mixed with glycerin, Tea tree
oil, spearmint oil and Almond oil.

I sleep in a satin cap and wear a drawstring ponytail over a baggie protected bun!
This is gonna be FUN!!!!!
smile.gif

I want to join. My routine will be to conditioner wash once a week with lekair and a VO5 hotoil treatment. Wear daily low buns with gel only on hairline area. Moisturize daily with BB Castor oil hair lotion. Take one a day multivitamen. Eat six eggs a day(via devil egg recipe) and drink a low carb protein drink from GNC called Myoplex. My goal is six inches of growth. I also have some MSM but is debating on taking it or not I think it breaks my skin out.

I'm in!
smile.gif

I currently have braids in that I'll be taking out in a few days and I currently take only one vitamin supplement (Centrum multi). So I guess beginning Monday until December, this will be my regime (of course posted for my own benefit to stick to it!)

Shampoo (every 2 weeks)- with Curly Hair Solutions, then when that runs out, Pantene 2-in-one poo/conditioner
Conditioner (every week)- Pantene hydrating curls
Leave-Ins (after every wash)- CHS leave-in conditioner
Deep conditioning (once a month)- Herbal cholesterol conditioning creme, then (when THAT runs out)
crazy.gif
, Placenta Hot oil treatment
Vitamins: Centrum, Biotin, MSM (I'll add evening primrose and cod liver oil later)
AND DRINKING LOTS OF WATER!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I want to join. My routine will be to conditioner wash once a week with lekair and a VO5 hotoil treatment. Wear daily low buns with gel only on hairline area. Moisturize daily with BB Castor oil hair lotion. Take one a day multivitamen. Eat six eggs a day(via devil egg recipe) and drink a low carb protein drink from GNC called Myoplex. My goal is six inches of growth. I also have some MSM but is debating on taking it or not I think it breaks my skin out.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
miss thang over there.....:) 6 inches?

how confident are you about getting 2inches/month. i mean, if this has worked for you before, i need to join you. i'll do the damn eggs
rofl.gif

krystle

I am up to the challenge
grin.gif

vitamins-mult-biotin-flaxseed oil-epo-silica-zinc
shampoo-lanza protein plus-nexxus diametress
conditioner-lust,nexxus humetress-ors hair mayo
hot oil treatments with evoo and nature's therapy
protective styles-drawstring ponies,braids,wigs

I'll join this challenge
smile.gif
:

Nutrients: High Protein Diet, Fo-ti, B-vit, Multi Vits, Zinc, Evening Primrose Oil, MSM, Amino acids, Silica.

Protective styles
cornrows
twists
singles etc.

Daily products
Infuisium 23 Original
Wild Growth Hair Oil
Profectiv Breakfree and Root-health
Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturiser for ends
(Used on daily alternating basis)

Weekly
Pre-Shampoo Hot Oil treament w/Olive Oil
Deep Condition w/Creme of nature shampoo or Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
Kera Care Humecto creme conditioner or CPR Motions Treatment conditioner or Le kair cholesterol.

I'm in.
weird.gif
This will help me stay motivated. Currently in a full weave achieved with cornrows. I've been natural for 3 years now. Using D.Low Shampoo System. Peppermint, Olive, and Rosemary oil on scalp. Diet: Whole grain foods, one eggland best egg and tuna packet for lunch, very few fried foods and one sweet per week, one gallon of water a day.

1000 MSM
500 Vitamin C
500 g Flax Seed Oil
50mg Iron Tablets
50 mg Zinc Tablets

Currently 7 inches at longest layer. Middle layer is 4 inches and bangs 4 inches. Goal is to get 3-4 inches of overall retained hair growth.

Me Me Me!!!!!

I'm in!!!!
I'll start on Sunday and I'll be wearing a phony tail and taking :
<ul type="square">
[*]MSM
[*]Digestive Enzymes
[*]Vitamin C (to help the MSM work)
[*]Drinking "Ultra Thick Hair Shake"
[*]Taking Multivitimans OR A Spoonful of Fish oil in Juice daily.
[/list]

I will wash once a week and Conditioner wash once a week deep treating each time.
weird.gif

Back