Thinking about going transitioning...

cdixon

I'm looking at everyone's hair, and it's so beautiful all of the curls and different textures. It looks so soft & beautiful, but I'm scared to cut my hair off and that I won't know how to do my natural hair (even though I can barely do my relaxed hair now). Anybody have any words of wisdom for transitioning? I don't want to cut my hair off completely, I would rather wait until it gets to a certain length & then cut it because I'm afraid of the BC. Please any advice would be helpful.

BrooklynSouth

I'm looking at everyone's hair, and it's so beautiful all of the curls and different textures. It looks so soft & beautiful, but I'm scared to cut my hair off and that I won't know how to do my natural hair (even though I can barely do my relaxed hair now). Anybody have any words of wisdom for transitioning? I don't want to cut my hair off completely, I would rather wait until it gets to a certain length & then cut it because I'm afraid of the BC. Please any advice would be helpful.

Cdixon...I'm right there with you. I do not want to cut except the little trims of my ends I do regularly...I'd rather snip a little at a time. I've done the twa before but do not want to cut off my progress in one whomp again. The best things: visit as many FOTKIs as possible of transisitioners, read as many threads here about transistioning-several never big chopped, buy/do a library loan of GOING NATURAL-MIREILLE LIONG-A-KONG.

lilsparkle825

i transitioned for a year before the BC. check out the long term transitioners threads; lots of help/inspiration in those.

Irresistible

I transitioned all the way to the ends! you can do it, you can learn your natural hair, all you have to do is really want it and give it your best shot and be willing to learn what your hair loves. one day at a time

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I'm 6 months into my transition, it was hard at first because I wanted to relax soooo bad, and other days, I just wanted to chop off my hair. I think the key is to have patience and learn your hair. That's the best thing to do. Once you reach a certain length, maybe then you can contemplate cutting off ends here and there.

Ronda123

I recently decided on transitioning again but this time I will not BC. This time around I am going to trim a little at a time...and yes, patience is the key.