The Make It Work/NO Changes for 4 Months Challenge

This is for all the bandwagon jumpers, the product changers/junkies, and the inconsistent types alike.

The Rules are simple:

NO Product changing and no regimen changing for four months.
January 1, 2009 - April 30, 2009

That's It!

Now of course you can buy more product as needed, but you cannot change products. You cannot change your regimen to add the latest vitamin or technique, nope, you have to stick with what you know works. You can subtract things from your products and regimen, but you cannot add. This means that you have to think hard about what you need and what works for your hair or you have to make what you choose work. Now this may be scary, but let's put consistency to the test. Who's brave enough to join me.

To begin list your regimen including products and challenges and a starting point picture. Remember you cannot change these so be smart about it (put things you are going to try if you must, but really what you know works for your hair).

Who Dares to be Brave?

Challengers:
vnaps
blessedandlucky
gymfreak336
~*Tigget*~
SelfStyled
toy
jbailey
shortdubs78
vnaps
Urban
ILuvsmuhgrass
ladybeesrch
tishee

I'm down for this challenge. I didn't start on Jan. 1 (in fact, I just started last on the 31st) because I'm just seeing this but I'm still in til the 30th of April. I'm currently rocking braids. Reggie as follows:

Oil scalp with Dr. Miracles Feel It Formula Hair and Scalp Oil
Use Dr. Miracles Feel it Braid Spray
Wash with Dr. Bronners Peppermint Soap as needed.

I'll be in and out of braids (pencil-sized singles/individuals) from now til the end of April. I'll probably get this first set redone around the beginning of March and then rock the second set through April. My current length is chin length. HHG ladies!

You can still join, its open ended because there is no progress pic goal, just stability.

Lord Knows that this challenge is HARD!!! Thanks for hanging in there with me ladies.

Toy, try again starting now.

vnaps girl be proud cause this is no small feat. I mean you spend the beginning of your journey searching for the products, so when you do figure out a good reggie its hard to stop trying new things.

It's hard...I want to try BT soooo bad! :nono: But no new products. DH is happy-I'm not spending any money but I got a trick for him a new flat iron doesn't count!:lachen:

OK Ladies, so I have decided that you get ONE cheat. I realized that listening to your hair means that you may have to change one thing and I don't want that to become a bad thing. So, you may change:

Either
ONE product
or
ONE aspect of your regimen

NOTHING ELSE. You can only do this once and we have three months, so choose very wisely

OK Ladies, so I have decided that you get ONE cheat. I realized that listening to your hair means that you may have to change one thing and I don't want that to become a bad thing. So, you may change:

Either
ONE product
or
ONE aspect of your regimen

NOTHING ELSE. You can only do this once and we have three months, so choose very wisely

bumping for ladies who have not seen this announcement

I just officially failed this,but i found some excellent products:look:
I bought some Regis products that are excellent and all natural,as well as an "oil" that's primary ingredients is shea butter,and the rest are just oils.It is soooo good,and i am pleased that i tried them...although i just knew i was gonna stick with this challenge:perplexed

I would like to try this challenge but for me and maybe quite a few others this will be difficult because we have SOOOOOOOOO many DIFFERENT products to use up as it is.
Oh well!
Great idea though

Back