Regimen question for those who use BKT or LKT.

BrownieBrie

I've done a bunch of searches but I can't find an answer to this specific question.

For the ladies who use liquid or brazillian keratin treatments, how do you change your regimens while the treatment is in your hair? Do you still dc, cowash and moisturize as usual? Do you still seal? Are there any products that you add or subtract from you regimen?

Thanks in advance!

I didn't change my regimen at all. Of course, I didn't do a whole lot to begin with. The only thing that changed was the elimination of Mane & Tail conditioner - it has sodium chloride in it (salt), and that is a no-no if you want to make the treatment last. I also don't use as much oil. I still co-wash twice a week and DC with heat 1x/wk.

I didn't change anthing, including not using Sodium chloride products (I read the first 2 lines on the ingredients list if its not listed I don't nitpick) - only thing different, when the the treatment is "fresh" I use a lot less leave in and only a tinny tiny dab of oil to seal HTH:grin:.

Thank you ladies. I was wondering since the keratin coats the hair, if I would be wasting product by going through my normal regimen.

My reggie changed but only because BKT allowed me to do new things. Like I began and fell in love with cowashing and wet bunning (couldn't do that before). After careful examination, the only products I had to eliminate due to sodium chloride content were my beloved Joico shampoo, conditioner and k-pak reconstructor.

On a good note, the girl I gave them to is showing definite signs of improvement in her hair :yep:

I think you'll find your hair still thanks you when you DC with good stuff.

Back