The BEST transitioning/stretching styles...HI TASHA!!

P

patient1

Hi All,

I have a friend who is transitioning (trying to avoid the big chop). Her hair is about brastrap length and she only has a few inches of new growth. She's big chopped before but she's trying to be disciplined.

What are the quickest, easiest, bestesest (lol) transitioning/stretching styles?

p1

For me during my one year transition (hair was below shoulder at the start of my transition, and arm pit by the end). Longer hair has an advantage with a longer transition, IMO.

The style salvation for me were flexirods. No matter what, I usually moisturized my hair at night, braided it (at least 4 braids) and rolled on flexirods (blue or orange). This was the foundation of whatever style I did the next day.

1. The sturdy bun
2. Braidouts
3. Roller set ponytails
4. Roller sets (these didn't work out well for me, but folks like Lovelymissyoliwere pros at it).
5. Bantu knot out/ponytails
6. Braid extentions

I have all the examples of my transitioning hair styles in my "transitioning hairpeience" photo album. HTH.

Thanks soooooooo much! I'm taking notes because I can tell she's torn right now. I think she needs to maintain the convenience of her length and just slowly transition. The flexirods sound great!

p1

Twistouts were my mainstay during my transition. I love to change my hairstyle so I also wore hairpieces, wigs, rollersets, spiral sets and buns/updos. My hair was at armpit when I started my transition and I caved nine months into it. After that time, the length was important, but not crucial.

I started w/ brastrap length. For the first year I did roller sets using large(purple and red) magnetic rollers, then I moved on to spiral sets using perm rods. After that year I wore a bun nonstop for about 6 months (boring but it got me through). Cornrows and flat twists are also good every so often...HTH

I used flexi rods for about 3 months during my transition. I also did braidouts and twistouts a lot. My hair was just a couple inches past when I started transitioning about 2 years ago.

cornrowed twistouts; wetsets with flexirods - experiment with different sizes; occassional heat straightening for my trims/mini-chops and when all else fails bun, bun and more bun!

Back