The Best BAGGY CHALLENGE Ever 2010! Cycle One (Jan - June)

Practically living in a baggy. Baggied ponytail wrapped in a scarf during the day and baggied ponytail at night. Yep yep!

Thanks for allowing me in!

1. How many times a wk will you be bagging? I baggy 7 days a week!

2. What moist. and or / oils will u be using? Currently I am using at times alma, shikakai oils/other times I use MT/MT hydrating spray!

3. Will you be ponytail or whole head bagging? Whole head bagging for me I am in yarn braids!

Dang it! I gotta join this one...ok i swear this is the last challenge i am joining! I baggy about 3-4 days a week anyways!

I have been lazy lately. However, I think I will make up for it tonight. I hope to braid and baggy for a few days and take down the braids for a braid out before next wash day. I'm loving my hair this week. :grin:

This week has been a better week so far... baggied on Sunday and on Monday then I DC'd today... I'll baggy again tomorrow and Friday.

How many times a week will you be bagging? 7 days
I bag every day. Though, when I get home from work I take it off and let my hair breathe.
When I'm about to go to bed I bag my ponytail and put on a silk head tie - but I don't spiral my ponytail into a bun, I rest it straight into a bag and hold with a spongy.

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
I moisturize when I need to, I put NTM and oils of my choice/serum on ends (John Frieda Frizz-Ease, Aveda Light elements, or castor oil.)

Will you be ponytail or whole head bagging?
Ponytail during the day.

I'm so bad. Class started last week, dance practice at church, kids, laundry and I've managed to neglect my hair every single time I set out to baggy. And it shows. My hair looks a raggedy mess. I need to get back on the wagon.

Checking in! I've been baggying every night this week. :yay:
Lately, I stopped just clipping up my hair under the baggy. I've been braiding it and bantu knotting it up instead. I haven't tried twisting it, but I'll try that. I'm going to keep on doing the knots and braids for the next few weeks. I like the texture that it gives to my buns and it keeps boredom at bay.

I also stopped using just Qhemet and began experimenting with other things. I've found that a combination of TW Protective Mist Bodifier and Mizani H20 Intense Nighttime Treatment make for a really great baggy moisturizer. My hair came out very soft and shiny, and not greasy. I don't use Mizani H20 every night, because the jar told me not to, so I will be alternating between Qhemet and the TW/Mizani combo until I get bored and want to try something new.

This is a great challenge! For lack of hairstyle expertise, when I first came on LHCF I wore a ponytail baggy and a phony bun, or either a half wig and my own hair in a moisturized baggy. I did this 24/7 for a year and a half. My hair grew like wildfire!!!!

Once I reached apl I started to experiment with different hairstyles and Wham! A hair disaster. I lost like all of my growth at the back of my head. So I am now going back to my roots and baggying 24/7 again, until I can grow my hair back.

I would like to join this challenge unofficially as I suck @ checking in. But Good luck to all you ladies. You will not be disappointed!

I've been baggying at least 4 -5 days a week.
Tonight as an alternative to baggying, I rinsed my hair whilst it was still in a bun and applied a towel until it was damp.
I then took off the sock bun and moisturized my hair and sealed using Kid's Organics Shea Butter detangling lotion!
I just got HE LTR (called beautiful ends in the UK!) and I can't wait to start using this more often.
My hair is definitely liking the attention!
I tend to baggy over the sock bun but I think I'll start baggying over my whole head so my edges get the TLC too! :grin:

Checking in! I've been baggying every night this week. :yay:
Lately, I stopped just clipping up my hair under the baggy. I've been braiding it and bantu knotting it up instead. I haven't tried twisting it, but I'll try that. I'm going to keep on doing the knots and braids for the next few weeks. I like the texture that it gives to my buns and it keeps boredom at bay.

I also stopped using just Qhemet and began experimenting with other things. I've found that a combination of TW Protective Mist Bodifier and Mizani H20 Intense Nighttime Treatment make for a really great baggy moisturizer. My hair came out very soft and shiny, and not greasy. I don't use Mizani H20 every night, because the jar told me not to, so I will be alternating between Qhemet and the TW/Mizani combo until I get bored and want to try something new.

I've been bagging too but not as much as I originally planned to do. My hair is not feeling the constant wetness for some reason. It's limp :perplexed

Last edited:
I made my goal for this week! :yay: I baggied 4 times (including right now, and I will be baggying overnight tonight). Hopefully I can continue being consistent!

Still rocking my Senegalese Twists and baggying every night with Sta Sof Fro and Surge 14. I've also been applying Vatika Oil to my scalp. My NG is so soft and moisturized. I notice that baggying in braids really helps with retention. My hair is moisturized after the takedown and I have no breakage.

Still baggying everynight, whole head. My hair is loving it! I am using up a bunch of other products that I need to get rid of, another reason I love to bag!

I have baggied my hair every night for the last couple of weeks. I won't be baggying for a few days though, Im tryung ti save my twistout.

^^^lol that's what gets me everytime... I can't baggy without messing up my style to some extent... I'm trying to get over it tho

Checking in to say ive been baggying everynight and most of the day while i'm not at work. I'm running low on products now so next week i will be using a new stash I've ordered the sulu oil by mtg hopefully i will get it by monday. Any recommendations for moisturzing creams?

Checking in. I've baggied every nite this week and two of those days I actually baggied the whole day since I wasn't going anywhere. This week I did change my moisturizer to an ayurvedic tea spritz mixed with VO5 conditioner and I seal with a mix of coconut and amla oil after putting my hair in about 8-15 braids. It depends on how I'm feeling. My hair really loves ayurvedic stuff and with that added to the baggy method my hair is in heaven.

My baggying has been on hold since Thursday night. We have house guests and I don't want them asking me why I have a shower cap on.:nono: Also, I switched from using the African Royale Braid Spray to just a 100% aloe juice spritz and the aloe juice doesn't keep my hair nearly as moisturized soft as the Braid Spray does.

Lys

Please count me in!

How many times a week will you be baggying? 3x depending on how my hair is. Im having some issue right now and it may be due to over moisturization. I plan to begin tonite. I alos plan on getting some weird looks from my bf. Ha.
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? A TINY bit of humectress, profectiv or sleek and shine. Oils include mixture of castor, jojoba, and coconut.
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? Pony tail with some rollers. Only over night as well. Maybe this challenge will force me to protective style more often as well.

I got my Sulu max gro today so as of tonight and every night i will be putting that on my scalp and using a spritzing with an homemade mix on my hair and sealing with evoo. And using an olive oil creme under my wig during the day.

Last edited:
Checking in. I haven't checked in 2 weeks because of surgery and the commotion of moving into my new apt. I need more shower caps and evoo, I just ran out of both. But I have seen some growth since baggying more now. Well she yall next week.

^^^Wow at your siggy.... lmao

I'm baggying as I type with Paul Mitchell The Conditioner sealed with my Shea Moisture mix of oils.

Back