The Best BAGGY CHALLENGE Ever 2010! Cycle One (Jan - June)

BlkOnyx488

Hey there is it too late to join this Challenge?
I have never done a challenge before, but this is perfect for me. I am already hiding my hair
and I love to baggy
so can I join

msdeevee

I'm baggying right now.

I have been for the past week since I read about it in another thread.

I'm half-wigging for the Winter so doing this will just add to the retention I'm hoping for.

I will be whole head baggying for most of the time, while sleeping , lounging around or working at home.

I will be using up all my oils and leave -ins that I have.

cherepikr

If it's not too late, I would love to join.

I ponytail baggy nightly with motions nourish, coconut oil, and mizani h2o intense.

IMFOCSD

I'm in, I should definitely be able to do this. I will baggy every night, sometimes over night with s curl.

cutenss

I'm in too. I did this over the summer along with the DDC challenge :yep:

How many times a week will you be baggying? 4-5 times a week, on non wash days. I will only baggy with dry hair, because it is winter.

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? My oil mixture of JBCO, grapeseed, jojoba and avocado 2-3 times a week

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? I will whole head, with the baggy over a scarf, in order to keep soggy-ness to a minimum

Add me!:yay: Add me!:woot: Starting pic in siggy.

growinghair

I hope its not too late to join:rolleyes: This will be my first challenge since lurking and joining!

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? 3-4
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? I have ALOT of stuff to use so I can get rid of some things, but I will mostly use water, EVOO, NTM, and unrefined shea butter
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? both

Mzz Mac

Since I see my name that means it's not too late....thanks Bluetopia.....

How many times a week will you be baggying?
A minimum of 3x a week

What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using?
Various (right now it's afroveda shea amla with shikakai growth elixir for sealing)

Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying?
Ponytail

KynniB

Im in.

How many times a week will you be baggying? 7
What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? DB herbal tea spritz and shea butter
Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? ponytail only

makeupgirl

i'm in. I'm automatically baggying 3-6 times a week anyway

1. How many times a week will you be baggying? 5-6 times a week
  2. What moisturizers and/or oils will you be using? shea butter and olive oil. may switch it up to coconut oil
  3. Will you be ponytail or whole head baggying? whole head because I only have 3 inches of hair right now

4evershika

Hey ladies! Updating!

So usually I try to wear my satin bonnet if I'm going to be wearing my coat with the hood on because my coat is all wool but this morning, I couldn't find it when I was walking out the door. (PS my I was wearing a twist-out so even tho it's low-manip, I don't consider to a protective style really). So I was in and out of buildings all day (trying to get stuff situated for school on Monday) and I just got home... and my hair is FEELING it! It's dryer than normal so I'm baggying for my third day and I'll probably baggy for a while tomorrow too. Hopefully that helps because I don't want to have to wash until Friday or Saturday...

Forever in Bloom

I'm getting ready to baggy again tonight with Hairveda. My hair is so :lick:

I'll be switching it up a bit tonight. I haven't sealed with an oil, but I will be using this in addition using my Whipped Baggy Cream

AfroKink

I meant to join this on monday, but I forgot! Please add me to the list

I plan on baggying 5-7 days a week. I'll be doing a whole head baggy with African Royale braid spray. I'm going to seal in the mornings with either coconut oil, or a coconut-shea mix.

Lys

msdeevee

This baggy challenge is the best yet.

My hair has been feeling so moist this week . My ends are soft and curly.

Between doing this and having my twists in under my half wigs when I go out maybe I will retain some length this year.

AvaSpeaks

The only problem I have or fear that I have is that my hair is still a little too wet in the morning, I live in Chicago and I still have to re-twist my twists in the morning and then put a scarf on my head under my cap.

And then once I get to work, I take everything off because it's dry enough. Only issue that bugs me....

Ms. Feliz

I baggied and went to sleep last night with NTM and EVOO. My hair didn't feel as "moist" as I'd like it to. I don't know if i'm just crazy and my hair is moist and I don't think it is or what. I'm gonna try castor oil instead tonight.

Ms. A.Sunshine

I do this currently 3-5 times a week so I would love to join!!! I ponytail bag and I will be using HE LTR leave in and Hot Six Oil.......

Thank you.

Honeytips

I've baggied every night since joining this challenge and my moisture level is just amazing!! If I had known that my hair would be this soft and moisturised I would have started long before!!!! :giggle: I really can't wait to see what my hair looks like at the end of this challenge!!

Forever in Bloom

I've baggied every night since joining this challenge and my moisture level is just amazing!! If I had known that my hair would be this soft and moisturised I would have started long before!!!! :giggle: I really can't wait to see what my hair looks like at the end of this challenge!!

I know, right? The moisture in my hair is ridiculous!!

For those who fear wet hair, may I recommend using plastic bags from the grocery store?

I don't use the thin processing caps from the beauty supply store because that's when my hair becomes wetter. With regular plastic bags and a satin scarf over it, my hair comes out just right :yep:

ParagonTresses

Update: I've baggied my whole head every night this week and I love this so far! My hair is moisurized and I have had frizz free twists for the first time ever which is a huge deal for me! Usually I have twist that look 2weeks out after just two days!! :perplexed I haven't experienced a wet head, maybe because I use my water based spritz sparingly, just 3-4 squirts all around my hair, then cover with my "jheri curl" cap and two scarves. I'm trying to replicate a steam-like effect using my body heat only. So far this is really working for me! Wish y'all much success and I'll check in with y'all next week! Happy Growing!

BlkOnyx488

5-7 times per week
Olive Oil
or
Over night DC Treatments
or
my hair mixture of shea butter oil, coconut oil, cayenne pepper, and some other stuff

Whole head

4evershika

I know, right? The moisture in my hair is ridiculous!!

For those who fear wet hair, may I recommend using plastic bags from the grocery store?

I don't use the thin processing caps from the beauty supply store because that's when my hair becomes wetter. With regular plastic bags and a satin scarf over it, my hair comes out just right :yep:

Hmm... I might have to try this. I can only [whole head] baggy for 2 hours at most before my hair gets wet...

QurlyQutie

I am a couple days late, but am in for this one! Just finished reading the tutorials posted by tiffers from last year. GREAT INFO! This will work great with the castor oil challenge. Big thanks for starting this one.

5-7 times per week
coconut oil, almond oil w/ayurvedic oils until the castor oil challenge begins, then JBCO
Whole head

HeChangedMyName

I'm getting ready to baggy again tonight with Hairveda. My hair is so :lick:

I'll be switching it up a bit tonight. I haven't sealed with an oil, but I will be using this in addition using my Whipped Baggy Cream

hmmmm, i was looking at some macadamia nut oil the other day in the store. What are the benefits of it? Have you been using it for a while?

I whole head baggied last night and again, I used my Hawaiian silky 14 in 1 with grapeseed oil. This in combination with the cayenne challenge should really allow me maximum growth AND maximum retention. yipeeee:yep:

mariofmagdal

Baggied every night since the challenge began, not hard to do, was doing it anyway. I love the way my hair feels, and I don't have to do anything to it, makes low manipulation really easy. Yeah, I'm a wet head, but it does not bother me. I love baggying.

Bluetopia

Qurly I just added you to the list! So you're all set.

Ladies - I've made my first "tweak" of the year. At first I was baggying at night...waking up with yummy moisturized hair..then slappin on my satin wig cap and rocking my HW all day w/o baggying. I did this because the baggy makes noise under the HW when you touch it so it made perfect sense only to do it at home.

Well....here's the problem...by the time I got home at night my hair would be super dry :ohwell: Anyone who's read my testimonial knows I'm recovering from protein overload caused by Phyto. So my dryness issues are mostly attributed to that. But last night I got to thinking that I really don't like going from the extremes of soft and yummy hair in the morning to dry and coarse hair after work.

And I think the reason this was happening is because my hair would still be a bit damp in the morning when i put on the satin cap and since it's Winter time...it would just dry up in a crunchy state under my HW throughout the day.

So now l've switched it up. Last night I moisturized and sealed my hair and then wrapped it in a scarf with no baggy. Unlike outside...my house is nice and warm so when I woke up this morning it felt great! :lick:

From now on I will be baggying during the work day under my HW and at night will moisturize and seal again and make sure my hair is dry before wrapping it up for bed.

I still have the noisy bag issue...but at work no one touches my head like that so its no biggie. If I ever need to baggy for a social gathering I'll just wrap my head in saran wrap instead cause I hear that makes no noise at all.

I am a couple days late, but am in for this one! Just finished reading the tutorials posted by tiffers from last year. GREAT INFO! This will work great with the castor oil challenge. Big thanks for starting this one.

5-7 times per week
coconut oil, almond oil w/ayurvedic oils until the castor oil challenge begins, then JBCO
Whole head

AfroKink

The only problem I have or fear that I have is that my hair is still a little too wet in the morning, I live in Chicago and I still have to re-twist my twists in the morning and then put a scarf on my head under my cap.

And then once I get to work, I take everything off because it's dry enough. Only issue that bugs me....
Why do u need to retwist?

Having moisturized hair is so great!

Update: I've baggied my whole head every night this week and I love this so far! My hair is moisurized and I have had frizz free twists for the first time ever which is a huge deal for me! Usually I have twist that look 2weeks out after just two days!! :perplexed I haven't experienced a wet head, maybe because I use my water based spritz sparingly, just 3-4 squirts all around my hair, then cover with my "jheri curl" cap and two scarves. I'm trying to replicate a steam-like effect using my body heat only. So far this is really working for me! Wish y'all much success and I'll check in with y'all next week! Happy Growing!

I do the same, just a few spritzes

Bnster

I restarted bagging my end while wearing my phoney pony again. Do you bag your whole head outside of dcing? I never tried that. Or only when dcing?

Jade Feria

Well, I might as well join since my hair is in a baggie 95% of the time.

Baggying really helped me retain alot of length when I started my journey and stuck to my regimen. After a setback/laziness last year, I decided to get on the ball again. So far I've been baggying consistently again for the past 2 months or so, and have seen a considerable improvement in my hair (my ends were struggling...now they look much better).

6-7 times per week

Herbal Essences LTP Leave-In
Giovanni Direct Leave-In

Coconut Oil
Castor Oil
EVOO

Both: whole head while lounging around the house, ponytail under my wig while I am out.