Texture wishful thinking.....

ycj1

I know all things are possible exception texture. Here is my question, if u had yr way what is yr ultimate dream hair texture/type????

I'll start! I am a 3c/4a but if I had my way I would love to be a 4a/4b! I am in love with the texture and the volume that comes along with it. This thread is only for the sake of fun so pls keep all negative comments at bay. Tia

i would love to have one hair type either 3c or 4a, but i would keep the same texture....

but i do love my hair, ill probably love it more once i get rid of the heat damage

my hair has 3 different hair types, which i dont like and my texture is coarse/silky.

Last edited:
Will I sound haughty if I say my ultimate dream hair texture/type is what I have? I love how obedient my hair is to whatever I want it to do. If I braid or twist it, it holds. If I style it, it maintains the style till I am ready to change it. I love that I can wear it long one day and short the next. Wear it in a round afro, or a droopy one. Wear it kinky or straight or wavy. And I can make it mimic other types if I so wish. And I love that it is fine because I find it easy to lay down for puffs and easy to braid even when shrunken.

Other types/textures have their perks, but I think I'd miss a lot of the things I can do with my hair. It could also be that I would choose my hair over any other because I GET my hair and would be clueless on what to do with any other type/texture.

Silky 3c/4a with coarse strands that grows in a perfect bob

I aint even gonna front *kanye shrug*

Last edited:
i would honestly just like to have 1 uniform texture throughout my hair, and thick/full density. My hair has too many extreme variations for my liking...

I wish I could just have one hair texture as I've 3 textures in my head which can make things interesting to say the least.

Will I sound haughty if I say my ultimate dream hair texture/type is what I have? I love how obedient my hair is to whatever I want it to do. If I braid or twist it, it holds. If I style it, it maintains the style till I am ready to change it. I love that I can wear it long one day and short the next. Wear it in a round afro, or a droopy one. Wear it kinky or straight or wavy. And I can make it mimic other types if I so wish. And I love that it is fine because I find it easy to lay down for puffs and easy to braid even when shrunken.

Other types/textures have their perks, but I think I'd miss a lot of the things I can do with my hair. It could also be that I would choose my hair over any other because I GET my hair and would be clueless on what to do with any other type/texture.

Ditto! I always thought I would like a 4a bc then I could do more wng, and wear my hair curly, but if I had that I might not have my luscious puffs, and fluffy fro and that's what I love about my hair!

Ditto! I always thought I would like a 4a bc then I could do more wng, and wear my hair curly, but if I had that I might not have my luscious puffs, and fluffy fro and that's what I love about my hair!

4A can be combed out into a fluffy puff too, so in many ways it behaves like 4B but with the addition of a nice WNG. Here's a comparison of what combed out 4A looks like vs 4B:

4Avs4B-vi.jpg

That puff looks cute...but my hair won't do that. LOL

I like my texture, but I would love to have a slightly looser curl with length retention instead of 50-60% shrinkage.

I love being 4a tightly coily and coarse. If I could have a wish it would be for invincible mega-strong hair that I could color every month, sleep with no scarf, never require conditioning and still have 100% retention so like 2 add'l cuticle layers lol. I'd wish for a growth rate of 2inches a month. And I would be curious to know what it's like to have dense 4a silky hair, it seems so easy going but it's still close to the familiar.... but just for a bit I'd definitely start missing my hair knowing me and my passing fancies lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I would luv to be WL right now...but if its about hair type..then my 3b/3c would luv to be 2b and silky.....

whatever would give me maximum texture, but easy to achieve retention.

But I love the way girls look with 3c-4a(?) natural hair where it's soft and wavy on the edges and doesnt look crazy in a bun or pony

I just want my hair to be healthy and my curls to obey when I tell them! lol

And I'll take the length rather than a texture.

I like my textures, I sometimes wish it was ONE instead of THREE!!! I find it extremely annoying, because you have to treat each section slightly diff form the others and can never have a head full of uniform coils, but I'm learning to work with what I got so w/e

I don't care so much about the texture because all textures has their pro's and con's, all I wish for is one uniform texture on my whole head, these multiple textures is killing my spirit.

I like the texture I have now, 4a. I'm in love with it. But if I could have a silky 4a I would! With lots of shine. My hair has sheen and is coarse, not fine or silky.

I wish that my texture had the same strength as other textures. It could stay kinky but i'd like for it to be naturally strong not fragile.

Back