Texlaxing vs. Underprocessing?

diamond42377

Since joining this forum I have found out about texlaxing. I have been self-relaxing for a while now and was wondering what is the difference between texlaxing and underprocessing. I have never relaxed my hair bone straight and don't comb through (or smooth the roots much) when relaxing and don't leave the relaxer on for the recommended time for fear of damage. I also notice my hair still has a soft wave pattern after relaxing which used to make me upset but I now love. Have I been texlaxing all this time or am I just underprocessing? Is there a difference?

LivingDoll

Since joining this forum I have found out about texlaxing. I have been self-relaxing for a while now and was wondering what is the difference between texlaxing and underprocessing. I have never relaxed my hair bone straight and don't comb through (or smooth the roots much) when relaxing and don't leave the relaxer on for the recommended time for fear of damage. I also notice my hair still has a soft wave pattern after relaxing which used to make me upset but I now love. Have I been texlaxing all this time or am I just underprocessing? Is there a difference?

You've been texlaxing all this time. I had been doing the same thing and never knew it. Texlaxing is basically underprocessing a relaxer. :yep:

prospurr4

Basically, "underprocessing" is accidental, and "texlaxing" is intentional...the results are the same: underprocessed hair.

I love my texlaxed hair, too!:grin:

diamond42377

Thanks, I always thougt I was doing it wrong and going to damage my hair eventually. My previous stylist swore I was going to mess up my hair by not going bone straight. She also said my hair "eats up" the relaxer since it needs the protein (huh?) I never understood that. Oh well, she was never good with my hair anyway and kept telling me she was using some organic relaxer (when I was letting her relax it) and wouldn't say the name of it. Haha, it was ORS the whole time lol. I found out after going out to buy it (same smell, texture and replenishing pak smell).

Thanks for clearing that up. Now I will continue to do it the same way without being nervoust that my hair will fall out.