Thinking of Texlaxing

naaturelle

Im thinking of ending my 5 month transition and texlaxing my hair. I can't find any good styles to wear while im transitioning at this time and I have all these crazy flyaways because my relaxed hair is breaking off. Its so difficult deal with my natural hair right now and I dont want to BC.

I figured the best thing to do is to maybe atleast texlax until I get to a certain lenght and then start my transition again and see if it will be better this way I can just use buns as a protective style. I dont do well with the fake buns.

From my understanding, texlaxing is basically relaxing for like a shorter amount of time? I just want to loosen up my pattern, and I want to leave my nape alone too because the curls back there are loose anyway. As said in my other post also, I miss my wash and go's like 2 to 3 months into my transition but now it just looks HORRIBLE!

Is it more of a strain to retain lenght when texlaxing?

Also, would it be safe to stretch between texlaxing for a couple of months?

I had to wear sew ins during that point in my transition. It was just too frustrating. Now a year later, I'm glad I didn't relax. I did flip out and cut off some really skinny ends in February and that helped also. I'm not sure about texlaxing. Sorry.

Back