Summer Growth Spurt...For YOU "Fact or Fiction?"

Yes, I get a Growth Spurt in the Summer because........

• I up my Moisturizing Deep Conditioners, I Co-Wash, I Spritz etc....

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • I Eat Better, Exercise More, Drink More Water, Concentrate more on Physical Activity

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • I Get My Growth Spurt in the Fall/Winter Months

Votes: 10 10.6%
  • I Don't Believe in a Summer (Fall/Winter) Growth Spurts

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Other Opinion on the Summer Growth Spurt

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've only been on my HHJ for a year so I haven't noticed a period of time where I had an increased rate of growth. I don't even notice more growth when I up my workouts, water, etc

My hair grows a little faster in the warmer months. I tend to get an actual spurt in the winter, usu around the holidays.

I'm washing more and keeping it in twists as much as possible. I don't know if I will get a growth spurt.:look:

Hey T-gal great thread. I have noticed that during the summer months I don't get the growth sprut, and here's why. In the summer I feel the need to co-wash often but not DC as much because it's too hot in the city. But soon as September comes it's back to Dc'ing 2 to 3x's a week. Even the beauty palors over here add extra in the winter month, even though I don't go to them I just notice the price'sn because they feel they can make more money in the winter. I tend to baggy more often, dc, and take my vitamins more because I don't like the cold, so I up the Vitamin-B. This last's until like April then it's over. My main concern is to retain what I grew from the winter during summer months. I really need a spurt right about now, but, its still the same length from April.

Okay so i did a length check with my highlights today and my hair has grown 1.75 inches in the past 2 months:) Im jus sayin :D:D

Thank you cowashing, heat, humidity, rich and creamy leave ins and heat free styling! (braidouts<3)

I live in Florida where for the most part it always feel like summer so that really doesn't make much of a difference over here.

I've never noticed a summer spurt, but its always summer where I am. But come to think of it when I was living in the States, I didn't notice one then either. I do notice an improved growth rate however when I workout consistently,eat well and take my vits, particularly B-complex. I am trying to keep up with this now, espcially the vits I tend to forget those.

I get a summer growth spurt even though I think my hair grows really well in the spring months as well ( I live in the sunny Bahama Islands:grin:, so it's warm about 85-90% of the year). I do eat a lot better, drink lots more water and exercise more in the summer, hence the greater spurt.

At the moment I'm on the fence about summer growth spurt, I divide my time between S. Florida and The Bahamas where there's always summer like conditions. I've also increased my water intake and I'm exercising 6 days out of the week. From May to July I've experienced 2'' inches of hair growth but I wouldn't exactly call it a growth spurt.

For me, there's no such thing as a summer growth spurt. Or a winter growth spurt. Or any kind of growth spurt. :lol:

This was my hair at 16 weeks post in December:
Justbeforerelaxer-vi.jpg

And here it is at 16 weeks post last week:
growthsput-vi.jpg

There is a tiny bit more new growth in the second picture, especially around the hairline, but I don't think it's because of the summer per se. Or even if there was a huge difference, I wouldn't blame it on the weather.
I'd think it'd be more because in the summer, my whole lifestyle tends to change. I'm at home and it's easier to eat more healthily, I exercise way more because I suddenly have the time, and I drink more water because it's hot outside. But all that is moot...the change in growth is really miniscule...definitely not anything I'd call a spurt.

But that said, I am anticipating seeing a greater change in length over the course of the summer than I saw in the winter. I know that my hair isn't growing any faster, but it's easier for me retain length in the summer than in the winter. I have less responsibilities, so there's more time for me to be nice to my hair. I spritz my hair more often now than I did in the winter, because I don't worry about my hair getting frozen or my head getting cold. And because of how humid it is, my hair is moister for longer, and I get less breakage. So I don't get growth spurts, but I guess I do get retention spurts.

I'm jealous of people who do get summer growth spurts though. I'm sure it's nice.

We're actually having what constitutes as a summer here. I do feel some difference but like most I'm not sure I can attribute it to the summer alone as I'm using supplements, conditioning a bit more and bunning.

I'm not sure. I will know in August. Last year, it looked like I got a growth spurt when I compared my March and August pictures. This year, my hair has barely moved, so if I have a noticeable difference in August, I will contribute it to a growth spurt.

I'm not sure of the cause though. It is either I am getting more vitamin D or I am working out more.

I will try to remember to check back in at the end of August.

So I paid attention this year. Didn't get a growth spurt. Also didn't get any extra growth from extra exercise and eating right. My hair did grow at a normal rate which I think it doesn't usually do.

I still think I got a growth spurt last year but maybe it's just random.

I don't know anymore! I know 5 years ago I believe I had a growth spurt from April to July. But looking at my pics Hair seems to grow at the same rate all year. You can always see a difference in my length, or volume each month. When I'm not doing something stupid to my hair, or not being scissor happy, I would probably retain a lot more.

Back