Summer 10 Wet Bun Challenge

:seesaw: This challenge will help me get on my way...I blowdried yesterday after a week of wet bunning ahhh.... somebody stop me!!! Lol! I'm in!!!

Cowashed this morning with Skala G3. "Juiced" with care free curl and sealed with Coconut Oil. Bunned and out the door!!!

I told myself no more challenges... but I was planning to try cowashing every 2-3 days or so anyway. I already use a homemade juice spritz and bun, but with this heat I think I will enjoy totally drenching my hair. Let's see if it pays off!!

Add me please:grin:

So right now I'm using my braid spray and coconut oil to moisten my hair. I then ponytail my hair into three sections them secure then in the back. I put my starting length check as attachments.

Attachments

• DSCN1054.jpg
    DSCN1054.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN1056.jpg
    DSCN1056.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN1057.jpg
    DSCN1057.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN1058.jpg
    DSCN1058.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 18
I would like to join this Challenge:yep:

Shampoo my hair three days out of the week and Condition wash four days out of the week.

I use Suave and VO5 Conditioners for Condition Washes.
And Suave for Shampooing.

I use Olive Oil after every wash or condition wash.

Bunning for seven days none stop.

The Challenge Begins Today!

Please post a starting pic, your method of wet bunning and your wet bunning products for this challenge.

Happy Hair Growing!!!!!!!!!

My starting pic:
IMG_0460.jpg

For this challenge I am going to wet my hair every morning with diluted Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier and put my hair into a French Braid. Easy.

Starting Pic:

SLtoAPL.jpg

Method:

Cowash with Skala G3 every morning
Moisturize with Care Free Curls
Seal with EVOO, Coconut Oil or Castor Oil

Bun Styles:

Pony Tail Under Bun (lol thats what I call it)
Bun with a clip

Count me in, I've been bunning for at least a month already since I'm stretching out my relaxer too..I wash weekly and condish weekly..seal with evoo..Will post pic with phony bun.

Last edited:
Pre-poo with scalp message- EVCO
Cowash 3 to 4 times/week Wen Fig, SAM or TT
Moisturize- Wen Fig leave-in, Jane Carter Revitalizing Mist, Aphogee Keratin & Green Tea
Seal- EVCO

Wet-bunning under phony pony:yep:

Last edited:
I am new to LHCF and wet-bunning. I'm wondering what others are doing with their hair at night during this challenge. I make a wet bun in the am and wrap some weave weft around it to make it fuller. I take everything down when I get home from work or definitely before I go to sleep. It's usually still damp when I do this but dries during the course of the evening. Besides just putting on my satin bonnet, should I be doing anything at night? Should I re-wet/moisturize at night? Just curious what others are doing. Thanks.

111qvsz.jpg

I cowash, towel dry in a turbie twist, then moisturize, add styler, seal, and bun. I tie my hair down overnight with a scarf so it will lay flat in the morning.

I use: tresemme naturals (cowash), giovanni direct leave-in (leave-in), carol's daughter hair milk (styler), aloe vera gel (styler/soft hold), EVOO (seal).

I bun with my own hair by using an ouchless ponytail holder and pulling my hair fully through once, then almost completely the second time, while kinda wrapping my hair around, for a full/even looking bun.

I'm beyond the sign up date so I'll be a frequent lurker but anyway, I wouldn't qualify because I probably won't be wet bunning but will be dry bunning throughout the week. I'm suffering from acne and by default I'm bunning a lot as I'm trying to keep my beyond SL hair out of my face. HHG to all!

I will co-wash every other day or about 2-3 times a week. Today I am using Suave Tropical Coconut and HE Hello Hydration. After I bun in the shower I will spray with S Curl and seal with Vaseline on the hair and the ponytail then put my scarf on. I have to add my starting pic later because I can't get my comp to recognize my phone. I gotta wait for my husband to get home to figure it out.

Count me In! I have to wear buns for my job all week anyway so I am hoping to reach full APL by the end of the summer doing this.

What products are you ladies using to keep your hair moisturized?

I am new to LHCF and wet-bunning. I'm wondering what others are doing with their hair at night during this challenge. I make a wet bun in the am and wrap some weave weft around it to make it fuller. I take everything down when I get home from work or definitely before I go to sleep. It's usually still damp when I do this but dries during the course of the evening. Besides just putting on my satin bonnet, should I be doing anything at night? Should I re-wet/moisturize at night? Just curious what others are doing. Thanks.

I need to do this too as far as the weave to get a full bun because my hair is not super thick:ohwell:

When I get home I take my hair down so it dries by the time I am ready for bed. Before bed I put about a quarter sized amount of bee mine luscious balanced cream moisturizer on my hair (focusing on the ends) and put on my satin bonnet.

I'm beyond the sign up date so I'll be a frequent lurker but anyway, I wouldn't qualify because I probably won't be wet bunning but will be dry bunning throughout the week. I'm suffering from acne and by default I'm bunning a lot as I'm trying to keep my beyond SL hair out of my face. HHG to all!

If you wanna wet bun, you can still join, the challenge only began yesterday.

I use: tresemme naturals (cowash), giovanni direct leave-in (leave-in), carol's daughter hair milk (styler), aloe vera gel (styler/soft hold), EVOO (seal).
I am relaxed and purchased the hair milk but can't seem to understand how to incorporate that....I think it's more for natural heads but will try to incorporate it similar to how you've done. :ohwell:

Count me in!! I have been using I will be using jeri juice, EVOO and water to bun every morning. Grow, grow, grow!
Are you wetting your hair with water before applying juice, evoo? I'm just asking to get ideas. I would think the juice would be your moisture...am I wrong? (I'mma newbie so I'm probably wrong):look:

If you wanna wet bun, you can still join, the challenge only began yesterday.
On non-gym days, does using a leave-in or juice (moisture), styler (to set hair), and oil (seal) count? My hair will be soaking wet on gym days and would definitely count as a wet bun. If so, count me in.

bought some more bun pins and Phyto 7 leave-in. I was pleased with the feel of the hair on my bun take down tonight. I moisturized and put it back up for the night!

I might baggy for a few hours tonight.

I cowash every other day w/ VO5MM + EVCO, apply GVP conditioning balm diluted w/ water as a leave in and seal with crisco & wet bun using a sally's good hair day pin. On the days when i dont cowash I wet my hair w/ scurl, seal with crisco and wet bun. I will wet bun 7 days a week. For some reason my starting pic wont load. I'll try to upload it again tonight.

I know that I am a day behind but can you please sign me up for this challenge? Here is what I do. I cowash on the dailey becuase I workout almost everyday. After I DC or cowash I put beemine sulfur growth serum, infusium 23, and last doogroo oil. Then I put it in a bun. Since my hair is so short my bun is not hte best looking bun but it holds. Right now my hair is neck length....well its more like high neck length in the back, and the front is jaw bone length. Here are some pics from earlier.

Attachments

• length1.jpg
    length1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 15
  • length3.jpg
    length3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 18
I am relaxed and purchased the hair milk but can't seem to understand how to incorporate that....I think it's more for natural heads but will try to incorporate it similar to how you've done. :ohwell:

Are you wetting your hair with water before applying juice, evoo? I'm just asking to get ideas. I would think the juice would be your moisture...am I wrong? (I'mma newbie so I'm probably wrong):look:

On non-gym days, does using a leave-in or juice (moisture), styler (to set hair), and oil (seal) count? My hair will be soaking wet on gym days and would definitely count as a wet bun. If so, count me in.

The juice's do count for this challenge.

Back