Sulfur 8 Whos Got The last word On It?

Amber_moon

So every time I come on this board somebody is talking about sulfur. (MTG this, BT that)

So in my last run to the BSS I decided to look around for something that contained sulfur. Of course mostly the only thing they had there was Dr. Miracles, which is a no no, because it burned a patch of my skin off, and Sulfur 8.

I thought about it and thought about it, and finally grabbed their "Light Formula" (the original seemed so thick and gross). The PJ in me ran home and slathered it all over my scalp (along with 4 other products I bought that day) and needless to say, I was a mess.

It was GREASY, WAXY and did I mention GREASY? I really had to wonder if it was doing more harm than good.

So, What is the last word on sulfur 8? Is it really helpful when it comes to hair growth and health? Or is it JUST grease, and oil with 2% sulfur thrown in??

Try it by itself to see if you like it. I actually just purchased the regular for the same reasons. It is heavier than QB Herbs & Sulfur, but I do like it.

I love using sulfur 8 when I have braids. I use the spray though, not the grease. It increases growth and control itching. Other sprays I've use would increase growth but my scalp would itch like crazy. I can't stand the itch to I always go back to sulfur 8

I love Sulfur 8. I use it about 3 times a week with my mixture of the remainder of my Lenzi's Request and Emu Oil. I just mixed all three together. My scalp feels so good. I use BT every other day except for on wash days! ;)

S8 will grow hair. I would use Sulfur products but they do horrible things to my scalp.

I love Sulfur 8. I use it about 3 times a week with my mixture of the remainder of my Lenzi's Request and Emu Oil. I just mixed all three together. My scalp feels so good. I use BT every other day except for on wash days! ;)

Does that thin it out a little? Because I just have this thing about the thick greasiness.

Does that thin it out a little? Because I just have this thing about the thick greasiness.

Yes. In fact it does. Sulfur 8 isn't that thick to me by most grease standards, but it is thick. So I just purchased the smallest jar, emptied the contents into the remainder of my Lenzi's Request, which is very light to me. I then added some Emu Oil. The consistency is really thin due to the addition of the Emu Oil. I thought about adding some BT if I wanted it a little thinner. But the addition of Emu Oil brought the consistency down so much so that it's almost too soupy. So, just make sure you make the consistency to your liking. You can also put the jar in the fridge to harden it a little if you needed to. ;)

Back