Stop The Breakage

BeautifulFlower

My progress has been great but I want to maximize by putting the breaks on breakage.

For the Ladies who have low or no breakage, what is your secret?

I know you girls would love to know and start accumulating those inches in 2008. Lets start reaching our true goals this coming year.

Good question prettyface.

As for me Pantene Mask has been helping me. I only just started but I am noticing a vast improvement. I am also with the understanding the Mizani Breakage defense(or something like that) is good also :yep:

My solution is a simple regimen. Once I stopped piling on the products and doing a bunch of stuff on wash day, breakage went from like 6 (on a scale of 1 to 10) to like 2.

Also, I realized last night that my fine strands are rejecting the typical moisturizers I use to use (like NTM, ORS and Keracare). Now all my hair needs is a mist of Dove spray and 1 drop of Vatika at bedtime and I'm straight :)...It sucks cuz I need to use it all up :ohwell:

I have very little breakage. I give credit to deep conditioning, gentle handling/detangling, moisturizing and sealing, and no direct heat.

Great thread PFB. :yep: Please keep the suggestions coming! I'm taking notes.
21.gif

I don't really have a breakage issue either. I would attribute that to low heat usage(using protection when I do use it), protecting my hair at night w/satin(pillowcases and scarves). I also think finding out what your hair is lacking(moisture or protein), and correcting that issue will curb your breakage. Mine is moisture. I have to DC w/every wash, and moisturize my hair on a daily basis and seal w/oil. Otherwise I can feel the difference. HTH

I agree with what the other ladies are saying. But I must say that one recent change that has made a noticeable difference in breakage for me are LIGHT oil rinses. Something about sealing in moisture on wet hair has made my hair so much stronger and breakage-resistant...to the point where daily moisturizing is a maybe, not a must!

Just a question for you ladies....How do you know whether your hair needs either more moisture or protein?? Maybe if I can figure this out, I can stop breakage...

Just a question for you ladies....How do you know whether your hair needs either more moisture or protein?? Maybe if I can figure this out, I can stop breakage...

Sistaslick has good articles on how to really test this problem, but when I am in a crunch, I follow a simple rule of thumb: If my hair is soft, limp and breaking--> I need more protein. If my hair is hard, brittle and breaking --> I need more moisture. These days my balance is pretty good, but when necessary, my trusty rule of thumb never fails me. HTH!:drunk:

Have you read this article by Sistaslick? Protein/Moisture Balance

For me it's been a combo of no-heat, d/cing, low manipulation, & daily moisture. Also, maintaining the protein/moisture balance.

Sistaslick has good articles on how to really test this problem, but when I am in a crunch, I follow a simple rule of thumb: If my hair is soft, limp and breaking--> I need more protein. If my hair is hard, brittle and breaking --> I need more moisture. These days my balance is pretty good, but when necessary, my trusty rule of thumb never fails me. HTH!:drunk:

Thanks!!! :drunk: BTW your is really thick and pretty! :yep:

Have you read this article by Sistaslick? Protein/Moisture Balance

For me it's been a combo of no-heat, d/cing, low manipulation, & daily moisture. Also, maintaining the protein/moisture balance.

Ohhhh a link!!! I was just about to start searching!!! :lachen: Thank you so much! And I know I'm being repeatitive, but your hair is also very pretty! OMGOSH!! LHCF has some beautiful women with beautiful hair!! :drunk:

Ok well this lets me know I am on the right track. Thanks ladies! Anyway suggestions? We would love to hear them.

Bumping...

Last edited:
Back