So Sad...could use some suggestions

s_terry

So Sad...could use some suggestions-Pics included

I don't know what happened. The only thing I can come up with is that it's due to wet bunning although I have been doing it for years ( almost 3). All of a sudden, I have this weird hemline that see through. I cut off an inch and a half. I was at the bottom of my bra strap, now it's above it and I think I need to cut even more. When my hair has a bump it looks full all the way through. When I flat iron, I have see through ends at my hem. I am thinking I might have to cut almost back to APL. WHat happened????

I am also noticing that the hair at my nape is really weird. It doesn't text like the rest of my hair. It's more coily and tends to wrap around the strands more than the rest of my hair. It's also more wiry. The curls are prettier though. I have no idea when my hair turned like this back there? The biggest frustration's are of course the setback and needed trim, then the confusion as to what the hell is going on with this hair back there. What does it want? And third is being styling challenged. I have worn the bun for so long and had success with it, I have no idea where to go from here as far as styling. Truth be told I don't syle it!!! I want a new look, want to continue doing protective, but how if wet bunning seems to be causing issues. In it's texted state, pulling it back will be a problem.

If anyone can give me some pointers as to how they deal with two different textures, and some styling options it would be greatly appreciated. I work in a conservative corporate environment please share your ideas.:pullhair::cry::cry:

Last edited:

s_terry

well, I am on my way to gym and my hair is currently in a braidout. I will get my boyfriend to help me take pics when I get back. I promise to post them in a couple of hrs. Maybe I should re flat iron the parts that I am talking about so you can see what I mean.

s_terry

I just retexted about a mth ago. I noticed it then. Why didn't I notice this breakage before it got so dang bad!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I usually go 3-4 mths between text. The thing is is that the breakage isn't all the way to the NG. I still have some length to it and it looks like a raggedy cut job. It's still a decent length, just a an inch or two shorter than the hair about it thus giving the appearance of thin ends. I just want to cry. I am so dissappointed with all the love I give my hair. I look at those ends and just think how much progress I would have made if I had no breakage. :sad::sad::sad::sad:

s_terry

Here are the pics. I tried to lightly flat iron after having it braided. It's more clumpy than ususal because I have natural oils on it. It's not that straight. It looks bad. I just want to cry!! Please help. and tell me what I expect to hear. I need to cut it off.

Softresses

I am sorry you are going through this, How do you do your buns? Maybe it is in the process of putting it up. Do you use a sock bun or a filler, or just your real hair? Do you wet or dry bun?

You don't have to cut the damage all at once. Maybe do 1/4 to 1/2" a month until you have clipped away all the damage, if one chop is too stressful for you.

Softresses

ETA: I went back and read again, with your wet bunning, are you sure to get enough protein, and to take a break from wet bunning your hair for a while?

Last edited:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Are you texlaxed? That happened to me before. My nape would not cooperate no matter what because I really didn't process it at all.:ohwell: I really couldn't see from the angles of the pics. Sorry.

s_terry

Yes, I am texlaxed. I am taking a break from the wet buns but don't know what the hell to do with it besides. I am really styling challenged. Come on ladies I'm about to get my boyfriend to just cut it. Rip off the bandaid if you will. I was hoping somebody would say it's not that bad. Wishful thinking cause I woulddn't want you all lying to me to make me feel better

s_terry

almost 200 views and only a couple of replies. Nice. Anyway, I couldn't stand the sight of those nasty ends and had my sweetheart cut it. He kind of got pissy about the hair thing. He says it was cute at first, I am acting obsessed and maybe if I stopped using so many things (It's ya'll fault-PJ PJ PJ!:spinning:) maybe I wouldn't run into this problem.He was sweet enough to still stop what he was doing to cut me. I'll have to thank him properly later. It looks much better even though I am back at APL. It could have been worse I guess. I measured almost exactly 3 inches of cut hair. That along with the cut I did last week brings me to almost 4.5 inches.Almost a years progess.:sad: It's only hair right............

Attachments

• P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 17
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 25
  • P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 16

MariposaSexyGirl

Hey sorry I didn't get to see this before. I hate you had to cut that much off but I would have done it. It does look better. I think people didn't answer because they probably didn't want to tell you it was better to cut it. Healthy hair over long hair any day.

God_Favor

Sorry, I just looked at your thread-I totally understood you frusrtation in your post! Your ends did nook look bad at all, in my opinion all you need was a little dusting---It look as tough you had SOME relaxed in from your fully relaxed days, maybe--I know it VERY hard to wait and calm down before you make a decision about your hair (I make decision out of frustration w/ my hair a lot)......... But since that does not matter at this point, I think you hair still looks very nice-you cut way more than the few relaxed ends-but, its nice and even-----You got a new start for a new year!!!!!!!!! I bet your cut is going to be banning when you style it, I can see the swing and bounce now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

s_terry

maybe so Mariposa, maybe I am being a little pissy myself. I know it was for the best but boy was my feeling hurt to HAVE to cut it. I know it will be back within 4-6 months. I am going to pray for no more setbacks. It's really not a whole year for me. Starting right in 2008. Grow more hair and lose some weight!

Miss*Tress

I'm sorry about yor hair mishap. One of the problems with always styling hair the same way is that you don't notice what's going on with - you go into auto-pilot and don't notice gradual changes.

Isis has texlaxed hair and a Fotki album full of different styles. Your hair will spring back in no time. Good luck!

Last edited:

s_terry

Oh my Goodness In Gods Favor, maybe you are on to something! You mentioned my ends looked relaxed. I went to texted hair from totally natural. Maybe this is where it popped off? The ends have gotten straighter over time so it no longer matches the rest of my texted hair. I think this might have something to do with it. I know it's hard to tell by the pics, but my nape was fairly even across the bottom. Like I said like a bad cut.

Now you tell I don't have to cut so much. Oh well, it does look alot better though and my nice thick ends are back. I am just just at APL now and will take it from there. I know it will be back come spring.

Demi27

Aww. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to come into the thread sooner.

I'm sorry you had to cut your hair, but at least it will be healthier. Hopeully you won't have any more setbacks, but I know how you feel.

MariposaSexyGirl

maybe so Mariposa, maybe I am being a little pissy myself. I know it was for the best but boy was my feeling hurt to HAVE to cut it. I know it will be back within 4-6 months. I am going to pray for no more setbacks. It's really not a whole year for me. Starting right in 2008. Grow more hair and lose some weight!

Well good luck! You can do it.

Miss*Tress

Oh my Goodness In Gods Favor, maybe you are on to something! You mentioned my ends looked relaxed. I went to texted hair from totally natural. Maybe this is where it popped off? The ends have gotten straighter over time so it no longer matches the rest of my texted hair. I think this might have something to do with it. I know it's hard to tell by the pics, but my nape was fairly even across the bottom. Like I said like a bad cut.
Eureka! I do remember reading a couple of threads about preventing the ends from becoming too straight when rinsing out the relaxer. Unfortunately I can't remember who discussed it, but maybe someone else will chime in with the answer.

MsAngie

Awww, ((hugs)). I hope that you figure out what the problem is so that you can get back on track. Good luck, girlie! :wink2:

Proudpiscean

Just seeing this thread! I'm sorry about your setback, but I don't blame you for trimming. It'll grow back before you realize it though :yep:

MariposaSexyGirl

It probably happened because of what the op said not protecting your previously telaxed hair before a retouch. The article is by Sistaslick in her fotki I think. Ssomeone might have the link. And did you wear your bun high or low and did you move it around or leave it in the same spot?were you tying your hair tight?

s_terry

It probably happened because of what the op said not protecting your previously telaxed hair before a retouch. The article is by Sistaslick in her fotki I think. Ssomeone might have the link. And did you wear your bun high or low and did you move it around or leave it in the same spot?were you tying your hair tight?

I am sure the straightening had to do with this. I tried to protect that hair by putting SAA on it to protect it. Obviously it wasn't enough.

I wore my bun low at the nape and it was centered the entire time I had it. Do you think I will have the same problem if I continue to protective style like this? I really think maybe the straigher ends had something to do with it. It makes sense I guess.

Don't ask me why I want to have all this hair and don't want to have to do anything to it! I guess cause it looks bootie no matter what I do. Can't get a silky flat iron, can't keep it from breaking off. Scared to have anyone touch it cause I had much worse at the hands of so called stylist. I swear if one more person tells me I need to get my hair did I am going to cut em! Just the thought of having to start from an inch of hair cause of something I paid for to have them ruin me, I will snap I tell ya!!! I JUST CAN'T DO IT!!!!

You hear the violin? I am just throwing a real tantrum. Really not trying to be negative just a little frustrated. I'll get over it soon. All I can say is right now I am just not happy with my appearance. I want my glamour girl back!

Like someone else said, I just don't feel pretty in a (natural)bun and feel like I am always protecting it just to get this! I mean what's up!!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Sorry ya'll. I'll cut it out now.

Last edited:

s_terry

Hey s_terry

Your hair will grow back really fast, it will be back to normal before you know it, what's even better is that it will look nice the whole time :yep:

I too like to wear my hair down all the time so I am adopting a regimen that will allow me to do so.

One of my biggest tricks is using a really thick serum/alcohol-free gel that locks my ends and helps to keep breakage at bay...

I also tend to moisturize my hair to help counter the fact that I wear my hair down all day long and all the time...:blush:

Anyhoo! Your hair looks great :yep:

locabouthair

I am sure the straightening had to do with this. I tried to protect that hair by putting SAA on it to protect it. Obviously it wasn't enough.

I wore my bun low at the nape and it was centered the entire time I had it. Do you think I will have the same problem if I continue to protective style like this? I really think maybe the straigher ends had something to do with it. It makes sense I guess.

Don't ask me why I want to have all this hair and don't want to have to do anything to it! I guess cause it looks bootie no matter what I do. Can't get a silky flat iron, can't keep it from breaking off. Scared to have anyone touch it cause I had much worse at the hands of so called stylist. I swear if one more person tells me I need to get my hair did I am going to cut em! Just the thought of having to start from an inch of hair cause of something I paid for to have them ruin me, I will snap I tell ya!!! I JUST CAN'T DO IT!!!!

You hear the violin? I am just throwing a real tantrum. Really not trying to be negative just a little frustrated. I'll get over it soon. All I can say is right now I am just not happy with my appearance. I want my glamour girl back!

Like someone else said, I just don't feel pretty in a (natural)bun and feel like I am always protecting it just to get this! I mean what's up!!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Sorry ya'll. I'll cut it out now.

what's SAA?

your hair is very pretty and thick. I am sorry you had to go through that.