I'm so sad!!!

Well I did the same thing in May and let me tell u I thought I would pass out. Thxs 2 the great advice I got my hair is back to normal and it is just getting back right. Well I over loaded on protien (trying everything some1 said workes) and when I would put oil or leave-in or condish my hair was just fallin out in my hands.

I cleaned out my cabinets n keep only the products I knew worked for me.
I bought Infusium23. I DC with Infusium23 1x wkly(my hair loves it) I use no shampoo at all. (Natual by the way)
And for me my hair is fine I had to stop the co-washing every day n even every other day bx it was just to much on my hair and the more I co-washed the more hair came out in my hands.
I dc 1x wkly and daily I use my-hair milk and seal with EQP Mango Buter fluff and go. Good Luck

I noticed tonight I had 3 hairs that were in my hand. Thank God.:grin:

Well I did the same thing in May and let me tell u I thought I would pass out. Thxs 2 the great advice I got my hair is back to normal and it is just getting back right. Well I over loaded on protien (trying everything some1 said workes) and when I would put oil or leave-in or condish my hair was just fallin out in my hands.

I cleaned out my cabinets n keep only the products I knew worked for me.
I bought Infusium23. I DC with Infusium23 1x wkly(my hair loves it) I use no shampoo at all. (Natual by the way)
And for me my hair is fine I had to stop the co-washing every day n even every other day bx it was just to much on my hair and the more I co-washed the more hair came out in my hands.
I dc 1x wkly and daily I use my-hair milk and seal with EQP Mango Buter fluff and go. Good Luck

I noticed tonight I had 3 hairs that were in my hand. Thank God.:grin:

I think in your situation it must have been mostly the CW'ing because you cont'd with protein (Infusium and Mango Butter) and you were okay , so it seems what mostly fixed your issues was less water/rinsing/stripping

I don't think you need to go to a beautician, most of them don't know how to properly take care of hair. Just keep on reading and follow SuperGirl's thread and also cut out all protein.

After reading this thread, I don't think I'll ever try aphogee.

I found some old topics with similar issues. It seems like the people that got breakage from it had fine hair and the moisturizing conditioner that's recommended is not moisturizing enough for them. Which might have been what caused the protein overload and breakage.

It took some weeks to get their hair back to normal, so just keep trying and don't give up.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=197041

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=35274&page=3

I don't think you need to go to a beautician, most of them don't know how to properly take care of hair. Just keep on reading and follow SuperGirl's thread and also cut out all protein.

After reading this thread, I don't think I'll ever try aphogee.

I found some old topics with similar issues. It seems like the people that got breakage from it had fine hair and the moisturizing conditioner that's recommended is not moisturizing enough for them. Which might have been what caused the protein overload and breakage.

It took some weeks to get their hair back to normal, so just keep trying and don't give up.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=197041

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=35274&page=3

I have fine 4ab.

It has been almost two months since this has happened to me.

I followed Irrisitible's advice and cut out the protein. (Thanks for that suggestion) I skipped the Aphogee 2 minute and I didn't put Salerm in after I got out. It cut my breakage down immensely! So I guess I will just use protein sparingly. I only stretch 8 weeks, so I will just use Aphogee once before my relaxer. And the 2 minute maybe I'll use it once a month. I might have to cut out my Salerm totally although I love it, and just rely on NTM and castor oil for moisture. Anyway, OP how's it going with you?

I am sorry this happen :nono:
maybe u have postpone sheddin

I used PROTEIN once before/after my relaxer retouch my hair shedd like a dog. so i put it in a bun kept constantly condition/oil/norsh it back to ph balance.REALLY it could be a numerous reason i hope u find out soon.:ohwell:

I followed Irrisitible's advice and cut out the protein. (Thanks for that suggestion) I skipped the Aphogee 2 minute and I didn't put Salerm in after I got out. It cut my breakage down immensely! So I guess I will just use protein sparingly. I only stretch 8 weeks, so I will just use Aphogee once before my relaxer. And the 2 minute maybe I'll use it once a month. I might have to cut out my Salerm totally although I love it, and just rely on NTM and castor oil for moisture. Anyway, OP how's it going with you?

Thats really good to hear that it worked! yay! or you could do the opposite still use your salerm once your hair is doing better for a while (since it has silk protein) but just switch it up with another non protein leave in, and with using that regularly, it would probably be enough protein that you dont need to do the heavy one. However you do it, just do it the best way to fit your regimen.

I wonder how its working out for the OP too

Girl,
When my hair was breaking due to overprocessing this is what I did and the breakage stopped immediately:

Used Kera Kare Reconst. with Shea butter- left on for about 10 min.
Then used henna (no color)- left on for about 10 min
Then DC with Medex Deep Condit- 10 min

This helped my hair. :yep:
You may also want to check out Candy C's info on using powders that moisturize.

I've also cut out all protein, but my hair is still breaking. :( I'm just going to continue with Supergirl's method for two weeks and see if it'll stop by then.

I've also decided to reduce washing my hair to about once a week and limit combing to wash days or maybe twice a week.

I've also cut out all protein, but my hair is still breaking. :( I'm just going to continue with Supergirl's method for two weeks and see if it'll stop by then.

I've also decided to reduce washing my hair to about once a week and limit combing to wash days or maybe twice a week.

Yeah I'm going to cut out the comb too -- especially in the first month post relaxer.

I'm new to this but maybe the pieces that broke off before left split ends. Thats why its continuing to break. That may sound silly, but maybe a good trim will help with this. This exact same thing happened to me and I'm trying to correct it now. The aphogee really messed up my hair and then i was using cantu, not realizing it was making the situation worse.

Well since im having a similar issue I wen back and overlooked what I was doing. And I have a question regarding protein and moisture balance. I looked at one of my products that I was using as a moisturizing shampoo and checked out the ingredients which leads to my question. What if protein is listed as one of the ingredients (i.e, wheat protein) is it a protein shampoo?

I'm new to this but maybe the pieces that broke off before left split ends. Thats why its continuing to break. That may sound silly, but maybe a good trim will help with this. This exact same thing happened to me and I'm trying to correct it now. The aphogee really messed up my hair and then i was using cantu, not realizing it was making the situation worse.

I checked for split ends and it seems I don't have any. But I have considered trimming to see if it will help. I'm getting a relaxer in 3 weeks and thought maybe I should wait till then so that the trim will be more even.

Also, I read on another thread that clarifying might help.

I tried that, didn't help me. :(

Well since im having a similar issue I wen back and overlooked what I was doing. And I have a question regarding protein and moisture balance. I looked at one of my products that I was using as a moisturizing shampoo and checked out the ingredients which leads to my question. What if protein is listed as one of the ingredients (i.e, wheat protein) is it a protein shampoo?

I'm not sure. I picked my protein and moisturizing shampoo and conditioners based on the articles written by sistaslick.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?cat=69

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/313072/how_to_select_a_moisturizing_conditioner.html?cat=69

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/313061/how_to_select_a_moisturizing_shampoo.html?cat=69

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/288340/hair_regimen_building_for_newbies.html?cat=69

I'm happy to report that my hair has seem to stop breaking. I followed supergirlj's steps A, B, and C. I'm grateful for all the advice from everyone.

Back