smooth look?

mstee eyes

Does anyone have any tips on getting a smooth head when bunning? My relaxer is only a week old and I’m not under processed but my hair is always wavy. I don’t use any type of gels I just moisturize and oil my hair and pull back and tie down with a scarf. Should I be using gel to get the smooth look I want? :look:

KathyMay

I was struggling with this after I took my braids down after the 1st wash my hair was awful so I co wash it last night doing the following: pre-poo (2 hrs), co-wash, rinse with cool water, add leave in with moisturizer and seal with oil, throw on scarf and airdry. My hair was smooth as butter this morning.

mstee eyes

KathyMay said:
I was struggling with this after I took my braids down after the 1st wash my hair was awful so I co wash it last night doing the following: pre-poo (2 hrs), co-wash, rinse with cool water, add leave in with moisturizer and seal with oil, throw on scarf and airdry. My hair was smooth as butter this morning.

Thank you I think I'll try that . BTW what do you use for per-poo?

crlsweetie912

My hair has to be super clean for a smooth bun. I use gel, but only a little. I like the fantasia thick and shine or elasta qp glaze. And a LITTLE brushing. I use an old baby brush if I am not too far post relaxer. Then tie down that scarf and go to sleep. I can't do it first thing in the morning.

lala

tbrown1220 said:
Does anyone have any tips on getting a smooth head when bunning? My relaxer is only a week old and I’m not under processed but my hair is always wavy. I don’t use any type of gels I just moisturize and oil my hair and pull back and tie down with a scarf. Should I be using gel to get the smooth look I want? :look:

My tip for smooth hair is a satin scarf with jojoba oil or some type of serum & hair pinned flatly on the head. I wouldn't recommend gels...

Divine Inspiration

A few spritzes of my moisture mix followed by shea butter and a little coconut oil...smooth, apply scarf for 10-15 min. (or overnight) and voila! Flat, smooth hair! :)

Ebonygurl00

lala said:
My tip for smooth hair is a satin scarf with jojoba oil or some type of serum & hair pinned flatly on the head. I wouldn't recommend gels...

Are gels bad to use? I use gels, and they work better for me than the scarf. BTW, Lala, your hair is gorgeous!!!!