SL to APL; APL to BSL; BSL to WL

I love this thread, because it makes me feel so content about how my hair is growing - we've got to keep this one going!

It took about 5-6 months for me to get from sl to apl in the back, the front of my hair is slightly past chin length.

Approximately:

SL---> APL = 9 months
APL--> BSL/MBL (bottom of bra strap) = 7/8 months
MBL--> WL = 9 months
WL---> HL = ? (hopefully I'll know next year!)

ETA:

WL---> HL = 7 months (approx.)
HL---->TB = ? (hopefully I'll know by the end of the year.)

Last edited:
It took me 8 months to go from the bottom of my neck to APL.
Im shooting for BSL for my birthday in May. That would be 7 months...we will see! Definitely sometime before the year is over though!

It took me about 14 months to go from just above APL to just below BSL(I do believe in trimming though).

I love this thread, because it makes me feel so content about how my hair is growing - we've got to keep this one going!

You grew your color out!! YAY! I'm in the process of growing out my blonde dye job and several people told me I was going to have to a BC & start from scratch. I had made an appointment for next week, but now, I refuse! I WILL grow this color out.

Anywhoo, by my calculations, it took me about 7 months to go from chin length to top of SL last year. Then I went ultra crazy and cut it all off. Twice. Now I just keep thinking, "If I hadn't chopped my hair off, I would be approaching APL like nothing :wallbash:" But you can't fix the past, just gotta move on. mhm, I'm paying $20,000 in tuition and I still do some stupid s**t...

Great thread. I think it would be even greater if you guys could post what you were doing to your hair (stretching, styles, trims, no trims, etc.) during those times. :grin:

I went from NL to SL in 6 mos...but since then I have cut to even it out some. That was my last cut! So I am back to lower NL. My goal is to be SL by May/June...and APL by Dec 08, but APL may be in the Spring of 09, depending on growth rates.

It took me about 8mths to get from SL to APL and it look like its taking the same time to get from APL to BSL. Hopefully by my touch-up in April I'll be touching the top of my Brastrap which would make my 8 mth mark.

Welll... I went from about chin length in June to neck length in September, then NL to SL took me about 6 months and now I'm hoping for APL by Sept-Oct (I'm currently a few inches past shoulder length but my hair grows reaalllly slow, like less than .5 in a month)...HHG:grin:

EDIT: I stretch relaxers, DC on dry hair w/ heat, air dry, flat iron:perplexed, and keep it bunned up...so far so good

Last edited:
It took me a year to go from bottom of neck to APL. Stretching my relaxers, deep cond twice a week with heat and rollersetting is what got me there. I don't use blowdryers or curling irons.

Last edited:
not the prettiest pics..........

on the right: BC @ the end of May, 2007. if i stretched the hair it just made sl and all the hair tried to stand straight up :grin:

on the left (ugh) was yesterday. if i stretched it, it'd reach just top of bsl.

so almost 10 months of growth. not too bad.

2003969948837563870_rs.jpg

It took me from May 2007 to Jan 2008 to get to (touching) APL, and I was already past shoulder length at that point.
Phew... That's 8 months... It'll probably take me another 8 months and more to reach BSL, though, at the very back layer, i'm about 1" away....

10 months to go from SL to BSL? :eek:

Incredible progress!!!

not the prettiest pics..........

on the right: BC @ the end of May, 2007. if i stretched the hair it just made sl and all the hair tried to stand straight up :grin:

on the left (ugh) was yesterday. if i stretched it, it'd reach just top of bsl.

so almost 10 months of growth. not too bad.

2003969948837563870_rs.jpg

It took me 1 year to get to Sl from bc; 6 month from sl to apl; 4 months from apl t bsl; 8 months from bsl to wl and 5 months from wl to tailbone. Currently I am at wl again and growing it back to tail bone length. This month is my 10 year anniversary of being natural!

It took me 1 year to get to Sl from bc; 6 month from sl to apl; 4 months from apl t bsl; 8 months from bsl to wl and 5 months from wl to tailbone. Currently I am at wl again and growing it back to tail bone length. This month is my 10 year anniversary of being natural!

3 years wow! but let me just say, girl look at that sheeny n shiny hurr gurl! that's sum scrummy ummy yummy hurr! you grow girl!

Back