Shoulder Length in 2010 Challenge!!!

Imani

I'm pretty sure my nape hair is right at SL. But the thing is, that hair grows faster than the rest of my hair and I have layers, so whenever its straightened, I will have a tail/mullet and will end up trimming it. most of the other layers in the back are still like NL.

I will just post stretched out pieces for Dec's length check at the end of the challenge, bc I'm not straightening til February.

I'm still wearing half wigs. The one I have now is looking a little rough, so I'm about to order some more hair and make some more half wigs. I'm thinking about doing something with Halley's Curl's Natural and Miami Relaxed. And also trying a kinky straight texture.

NikkiQ

I'll be flat ironing for Christmas so I'll probably take pics then for my official length check. I'm already claiming SL. I snuck and flat ironed my nape last week and it's well past the SL point. I can't wait to see the rest when it's all done! My mom wants me to go get a Dominican blow out, but all that heat scares me and my NG to death!

NikkiQ

Hey Imani, would you like to post the link to the SL 2011 thread you started in here in case other lovely ladies would like to join as well?

KurlyNinja

I feel like I'm not shoulder length... Yes I know it sounds crazy. Even when I look at pictures I have to convince myself that those are my pictures. :look: Maybe my final length check for New Years will totally convince me.

Imani

Hey Imani, would you like to post the link to the SL 2011 thread you started in here in case other lovely ladies would like to join as well?

I'm just now seeing this! I don't know how to do those cute litle links, where its like "click here". I'm at work right now, if you want to, u can post the link. If not I'll try to figure it out when I get home.

Imani

I can't wait to see everyones progress at year end! Some of the pieces on my sides are grazing my shoulder and some even collarbone. I straighted the front to wear a straight half wig. (My hair was cut in kind of an inverted bob shape, so the sides are longer, the shortest hair is in the back in the middle).

Imani

:bump: I know a lot of us made SL this year. Where are the progress pics??? :lol:

Yeah, I'm not one of them though! lol. Spring 2011, baby!

I can't wait to see everyone else's pics tho. I'm not straightening til February, but I will post some pics of stretched pieces next week. :yep:

jazzypha85

I made shoulder length but cant find my usb cord to post picks from my cellphone on here. Ive been searching everywhere. Hopefully I can find it.

Imani

I made shoulder length but cant find my usb cord to post picks from my cellphone on here. Ive been searching everywhere. Hopefully I can find it.

do u have a smart phone? Can u email them to urself and upload them from your computer? Girl, u know we want to see some pics!!:lachen:

Imani

Since I'm not straightening til February, this is the best I could do for a length shot. I'm hoping to be full SL by April 2011.

Attachments

• endofyr2010.jpg
    endofyr2010.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 30

alshepp635

I really enjoyed this challenge. I think that I have made wonderful progress this year. I cut all my relaxed ends off in Feb. and still retained length. Here if my progress. I flat ironed on Dec. 14, 2010.

2010Growth.jpg

Today I am one year post relaxed :grin:. Thanks for looking. HHJ ladies.

Missjae09

Ladies.. I've added my end of the year pic.. I'm not quite shoulder length but i'm dusting today ( i'm getting a trim tomorrow).
I would love to join this challenge!!! I've included a pic of my current length...

Attachments

• dec 2010-05.jpg
    dec 2010-05.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 17
  • dec 2010-06.jpg
    dec 2010-06.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG00354-20100724-1306.jpg
    IMG00354-20100724-1306.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

NikkiQ

My comparison pic. Not the best but it'll do

Attachments

• 10 weeks vs 35 weeks.jpg
    10 weeks vs 35 weeks.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 38

KurlyNinja

A SHS "trimmed" my hair back in July. So my first pic is back from July 2nd. I'm glad with my progress from this year and hope that in the next six months I can make it to APL or close.

July 2nd

Dec 25

HHG!

Missjae09

Ladies, my trim turned into a CUT.... a 2-2.5 inch cut. I like my hair but i've really got to buckle down and stay away from scissors. It's bitter sweet.
Ladies.. I've added my end of the year pic.. I'm not quite shoulder length but i'm dusting today ( i'm getting a trim tomorrow).