Shoulder Length in 2010 Challenge!!!

So how is everyone doing? Great seeing most of you guys joining to APL challenge for 2011. I know we'll all make APL with NO PROBLEM!!!! :weird:

I'll worry about APL once I make SL. First things first.
But judging by my current progress pic I think I'll be at SL by December, no problem.

Attachments

• IMG_2255.jpg
    IMG_2255.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 17
IMG00100-20101017-1847.jpg
IMG00083-20101013-1835.jpg
Here's an update ladies!! not quite SL but I'm so close I can taste it now. Second pic is so flipping fuzzy..i hate my bb camera but i used flexirods to curl! and im too lazy to flip it sooo yea lol!

Last edited:
Hey ladies.. just checking in! its been a while since i've done so. I'm glad to see that everyone is steadily growing.. Dec is right around the corner and I'm not really sure that I'm going to make full SL but hopefully i'll be at least "dusting' my shoulders! lol

I can't remember if i posted these before but here is where I am now ... :ohwell:

Attachments

• 2010-10-07 06.35.01.jpg
    2010-10-07 06.35.01.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00128-20100918-0007.jpg
    IMG00128-20100918-0007.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG00127-20100918-0007.jpg
    IMG00127-20100918-0007.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 13
My bottom layer (nape) should be right above my shoulders by end of the year. But the inside layers in the back will most likely not be and I hate having that tail look, so I will be trimming that part when I straighten again. I'm not looking to be SL for real until about April.

Still not straightening again until February for my bday.

If you look at how the left side is combed u can see the layering.Took this pic end of last month

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 20
Im still hanging in there! Looks like I'm one of the few regulars in here that isn't SL yet. Still staying true to my no heat. Wearing half wigs for now and contemplating kinky twists next month.

The end of Oct was supposed to be my personal length check. But since I'm doing no heat, it will probably be hard to get an accurate measurement, but I am going to try anyway. I like to measure the back where my trouble spot is to make sure I'm on track. Breakage, especially in the back where u can't really see up close day to day, can sneak up on you, and I'm trying to stop it in tracks this time go round. In previous years, it would sneak up on me, I swear it would seem like one day I'd just wake up (usually almost always in December) and be almost bald in the back of my head and wondering what happened.

I have decided with the exception of tomorrow (I have an event) and my friend's wedding (which I am in) on Nov. 13th I am bunning the rest of the year. I would like to say that I am going to do it until my birthday which is February but I really want to get 2 to 2.5 good inches by the end of February.

Im still hanging in there! Looks like I'm one of the few regulars in here that isn't SL yet. Still staying true to my no heat. Wearing half wigs for now and contemplating kinky twists next month.

The end of Oct was supposed to be my personal length check. But since I'm doing no heat, it will probably be hard to get an accurate measurement, but I am going to try anyway. I like to measure the back where my trouble spot is to make sure I'm on track. Breakage, especially in the back where u can't really see up close day to day, can sneak up on you, and I'm trying to stop it in tracks this time go round. In previous years, it would sneak up on me, I swear it would seem like one day I'd just wake up (usually almost always in December) and be almost bald in the back of my head and wondering what happened.

I too have cut back on heat entirely. The only time I use heat is to slightly blow dry my hair a little straighter before I get my braids done. Even then it's after I air dry 90% of the way lol. I just take one piece of my hair that's in the back and pull it over my shoulder to see how close I am to my collar bone. I have a few pics I've taken on my phone to compare. That usually gives me a good idea on my progress.

I am excited. I am SL now but I have been wearing my hair up for the past 2 weeks. I miss it!

I am flat ironing on Saturday in Jamaica for a wedding so I will enjoy having it out for a day but come Sunday its going back into a bun for the plane ride and will not be seen again until December 31 at least.

Sigh...I still don't know what really counts as shoulder length, it's hard for me to tell b/c I don't straighten my hair, I just stretch it for length checks. The back of my hair is past my collarbone now, so does that count? Someone told me that most naturals measure from the back.

Sigh...I still don't know what really counts as shoulder length, it's hard for me to tell b/c I don't straighten my hair, I just stretch it for length checks. The back of my hair is past my collarbone now, so does that count? Someone told me that most naturals measure from the back.

Well Elle, most people would say that CBl(collarbone length) is actually longer than SL so I do believe you've passed the SL mark already!

OT: I was totally looking at your blog lol. My "baby sister" BC'd a little over a month ago and she discovered your blog and sent me the link. Small world.

Well Elle, most people would say that CBl(collarbone length) is actually longer than SL so I do believe you've passed the SL mark already!

OT: I was totally looking at your blog lol. My "baby sister" BC'd a little over a month ago and she discovered your blog and sent me the link. Small world.

Oh that's hot, thanks, NikkiQ! LOL!

And that's so funny she sent you the link - it is a small world!! :)

Oh that's hot, thanks, NikkiQ! LOL!

And that's so funny she sent you the link - it is a small world!! :)

No prob. Yeah she was a bit impatient and BC'd after maybe 4 months lol. She started a little after I did. I'm rounding the 7 month mark soon and she's trying to convince me to chop. eh eh....I don't think so. This forehead is too big to have a TWA.

No prob. Yeah she was a bit impatient and BC'd after maybe 4 months lol. She started a little after I did. I'm rounding the 7 month mark soon and she's trying to convince me to chop. eh eh....I don't think so. This forehead is too big to have a TWA.

Hah, yea, I was VERY impatient as well, and I was horrible at transitioning styles so I just chopped it all off. It grows pretty quick though! This site is funny to me because many ladies long term transition - most of the transitioners are on here are have surpassed me in terms of NG!

Oh I know I won't ever have as much NG as some of the really long transitioners lol. Mine is barely touching my neck right now. I can't imagine it being APL.

Thanks Janet'!

Ummm...I guess I should put a pic up? For my 10 month anni I took a pic of a little twist I made - But I don't wanna leave the challenge, I still need hair!!!

053-vi.jpg

And NikkiQ, I'm with you, I don't think I could ever get to APL with my NG and relaxed ends unless I wore ponytails EVERY day! I tried rollersetting once and I was the pits, so I was like nope! And cut my hair into a mohawk.

I joined this challenge way back when. I go by my transitioning hair so while not full SL as the front is between lip and chin in the back I am am going past collarbone. i am actually estimating APL sometime summer of 2011. So mission accomplished for 2010. Next time I wash I will take some pics or something I guess.

Found my original post and yep I stuck to nothing alright, shameful. lol
I am in. I am transitioning so I want my natural hair to hit shoulder length in 2010. I last relaxed June 09. I may BC a single layer in the back to track the growth.

Just state what you'll be doing to grow your hair as long & as healthy as possible!!!

Honestly nothing:look:. I wish I could come up something but my plan is really do nothing until I feel like doing something:look:.

I wanted to let y'all know that I made it back to SL. I think my membership is about to expire (and I doubt I'll renew it) so I wanted to post before I lost the opportunity. Thanks for letting me join late. If I can get an update pic posted before my membership ends I will do that.

I've made SL from when I took pics at the end of October, but I will post my FINAL end of year picture probably around xmas sometime. I will also use that pic as my real starting pic for APL 2011. Can't wait!

Back