Shampoo or Scalp Cleanser for Micro braids

Which is better to Shampoo Micro braids or use a Scalp Cleanser?

• Shampoo

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Scalp Cleanser

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiffanyoneal

I have micro braids in my hair now..do you think it's best to do the normal shampoo and condition or the Better Braids Herbal Cleanser to prevent alot of buildup?

tiffanyoneal said:
I have micro braids in my hair now..do you think it's best to do the normal shampoo and condition or the Better Braids Herbal Cleanser to prevent alot of buildup?

I have always used shampoo and conditioner, but then again, that's all I ever used. No sprays or leave-ins so build up wasn't a concern. Does the Herbal Cleanser do as good a cleaning job as a shampoo might? The reason I ask is you could get build up from not removing old oils properly too. I always conclude my washes with an ACV rinse, which I trust removes any conditioner residue that might cause itches, and in this, case build-up.

When people ask me a question like this for which there seems no right or wrong way of doing things, I always refer them to Robin's webpage. Many people new to braids, weaves, etc have had great success from following her instructions. In other words, when in doubt, I say do it Robin's way: Crown and Glory

Last edited:
Back