How to/How often to wash braids in Crown & Glory?

fluffylocks

People who do Crown & Glory with individual or micro braids-

How often do you wash the hair?

How long do you leave the braids in?

Do you dilute the shampoo?

Do you deepconditon? How? (What product do you use)

Also, what products do you use to spray on your hair daily?

Do you do your own braids, or get them done?

Do you do anything else other than shampoo/condition, and spray daily like she says?

miss stress

Im not on the crown and glory but my 3 yr old daughter is and here what we do..........

before getting her braids done, I wash wit a clarifying shampoo deep condition with banana brulee with heat 20mins then apply aphogee green tea and keratin leave in and a moisturizer and lightly blowdry

I wash them every 2 weeks with diluted honeyuckle rose shmpoo condition with avocdo rinse apply some more aphogee green tea and moisturizer

everyday I spray them with oyin juices and berries and rud a little coconut oil in them

and she gets them redone every 2 months at a shop

hope that helps

julzinha

Once or Twice a week, I only wash my scalp with a sulfate free shampoo like Giovanni Tea Tree.

Two Months

Not really I just add a little water to my hand when I pour out the shampoo

I don't DC but after I wash I use Suave Tropical Coconut Con. and massage it into the braids to moisturize my hair.

I use a mix of Infusium 23 (Original, Repairology Leave In, or Sallys GVP Infusium) and braid spray (African Royale or African Pride)

I get it done.

Do you do anything else other than shampoo/condition, and spray daily like she says?

I apply a growth aid because with my hair being in braids it makes applying things like growth aids a lot easier.

fluffylocks

Thanks--

When yall wash them, how long does it take for them to dry? Do you sit under a dryer or anything?

Do you do anything so that you dont get parts of the braid that your hair isnt in wet?

julzinha

Thanks--

When yall wash them, how long does it take for them to dry? Do you sit under a dryer or anything?

Do you do anything so that you dont get parts of the braid that your hair isnt in wet?

When I finish shampooing, I squeeze all the water out of my hair then I add the conditioner then I towel dry a little. Then i air dry which takes about two or three hours for complete dryness.

preciouslove0x

Once or twice a week. I use trader joes peppermint castile soap every other week though (so once every four washes).

2 Months

Yes I dilute with water and use the diluted shampoo from a spray bottle

Yes. But it's more like a prepoo. I use any conditioner I have (e.g. aussie moist or jason sea kelp) and dilute it with water and spray it on my braids. I leave it on for a few hours or overnight. Sometimes Ill take the time to use cholesterol instead

i use my moisturizer mix (glyercin, HS14N1, honey, a lot of water, EVOO, avacado oil) from an old mist bottle

Yes. I do yarn braids. I lovvee them. Easy to put in and easy to take out all for $5.00

I use growth aid (has sulfur and MN and oils in it). Very easy to use when you're in braids. But I mainly use it on my edges. I've always had problems with edges in braids so I have to make sure I keep them strong and growing.

softblackcotton

Once a week.

2 to 2.5 months tops. I take out the edges in my nape and around my ears though if I am forced to leave the braids in over a month. The build up in those areas could cause breakage and matting. I just wear my braid down to hide the exposed edges.

I don't used shampoo. When I'm not deep conditioning. I condition wash with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. I just rubbed into the my scalp and down the length of my braid where my hair stops. Then I use a mixture baking soda and ACV to clarify. Spray it all over my braids until they are soaked and wash it out in the shower. Keeps my hair from drying out.

I deep condition once a week before washing. Cover the base of braids and the length of my braid where my hair stops with a generous coating of (??? Crap I forgot the condition name right now) I wil get back when I get home. I cover my braids in a shower cap, wrap in a towel and let the condition sit for about 3 hours. Then wash out with ACV and baking soda.

I spray S-Curl Non-Drip Moisterizer. I think that's the name.

Get them done. Im trying to learn how to do my own. The braiders are too rough sometimes with my hair.
Nope thats pretty much it. Keep it simple.

Nonie

I've signed up for the C&G challenges even though I really never followed any of the rules on Robin's website. So I don't know if you strictly want those who actually subscribe to that site or not. If so, ignore this post.

Twice a week.

I haven't taken my braids out since April 2009. I redo them one at a time as necessary.

No.

Do you deep conditon? How? (What product do you use)

Yes. Apply either GPB (strength) or HSR (moisture) to dry hair, a few braids at a time smoothing from about 1 inch from the base to the ends of my hair (not the extension) then squeezing to allow penetration. Then put on a cap (or not) and wait 15 minutes and then rinse. Then shampoo, then condition.

Or shampoo, then apply Emergencée (strength) same was as above...put on cap for 10 minutes, shampoo then condition.

I don't spray or apply anything to my hair once I finish washing. I wear bare braids.

I do my own braids.

I finish every wash with an ACV rinse (1/4 cup of ACV in a basin of water + essential oils, then I dunk my head and massage my scalp while my hair absorbs all the goodness of the ACV). I also baggy my head every night.

lovelyone80

How often do you wash the hair? every other week tho I think you are suppose to do it more with this method

8 to 12 weeks, kinky twist last the longest, micros are about 8 and individuals are around 10

No

Yes, with Neutrogena daily deep. I put it on the roots and the parts of my braids where my real hair is. leave it on for however long I see fit (usually 15 minutes), then rinse with cool water

African Royale Braid Sheen

I did mine once, and it was too much. I do my own cornrows, I get my other braids done by professionals

Nope

4evershika

Subscribing! I'm getting braids for the first time in my HHJ in about 6 weeks (at the beginning of June)! Thanks for the great thread ladies!!!