Rollersetting~ I am a Believer!!!

Kamilla16

Okay, I am at 4 weeks with .5-1 inch in newgrowth. On Saturday or Sunday, My cousin rollersetted my hair on 1.5 inch rollers with lottabody setting Lotion.

Anyways, After I wrapped my hair. My hair looks as if just got relaxer!!! I WILL be doing rollersets every other week from now on!!!!!!
grin.gif

Glad you had success Kamilla. Ive been doing them since joining the board a few weeks ago and I too am pleased. Im going to get some pure unrefined coconut oil to put on my new growth like these ladies suggested. This is supposed to really straighten it out...happy hair growing!

I'm glad it worked out for you. I'm also glad you're now a believer at roller setting four weeks after your last relaxer touch up.
smile.gif

Congrats Kamilla. Glad it worked out for ya. Rollersetting is much healthier for the hair than blowdrying.

Lunalight, you can put the coconut oil all over the hair. It gives it a great shine and softens the hair like nobody's business. Try it and a little Loreal Unfrizz Serum. It is off the hook!

Army,

Does the L’Oreal Vive Smooth-Intense Anti-Frizz Serum provide enough shine on it's own? Or do you find it best for your hair when you use coconut oil with it?

Hey Allandra
wave.gif
, the Loreal can definitely hold it's own. The coconut oil does something completely different to the hair. It changes the feel of it. It's hard to explain, but I do love them both, together and individually
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Kamilla. Glad it worked out for ya. Rollersetting is much healthier for the hair than blowdrying.

Lunalight, you can put the coconut oil all over the hair. It gives it a great shine and softens the hair like nobody's business. Try it and a little Loreal Unfrizz Serum. It is off the hook!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Armqt! Do you mean putting the oil and the serum on before rollarsetting while the hair is wet?

OK armyqt....Im buggin out...it was AZJeep who has the layered cut in her avatar pic...sorry...happy hair growing anyway.....

Pandora,

Are you sure you aren't using too much Lottabody? Do you use the one that you dilute with water (concentrated formula) or the premixed one?

If you use the one that you dilute with water, maybe you should try using more water.

Hello Pandora:

I have always rollerset my hair every Sunday or Saturday; however I don't use Lottabody, because Lottabody makes my hair hard also; I only use Infusium (Ultra). All you have to do is spray the hair and then rollerset and your good to go.

If you really want to use LB then add some water to it.

British

Glad it worked out so well!
I would like to start rollersetting too only I have no idea what size rollers to use. My hair is short (about 1 inch below neck in back and anywhere from cheek to chin in front)
I know I should use different types for the different lengths, but I don't know where to start. Any ideas?
Also, do roller sets work out better with setting lotion? What is the difference between using setting lotion and not? Is the lotion for if you want defined curls?

I'm sorry. I know this was directed to PrettyBrownEyes, but she wrote:

If you use the one that you dilute with water, maybe you should try using more water.

So she was telling you to use more not less if I'm not mistaken.

[ QUOTE ]
I HATE ROLLER SETS WITH LOTTABODY COS THE CURLS COME OUT CRUNCHY: HOW DO I AVOID IT?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly why I only use the Lottabody Creme...the lotion is too drying and makes my hair hard and crispy...plus the creme is alcohol free...
andy1018.gif

When you guys rollerset do you let it air dry or sit under a hooded dryer? Also I find it kind of difficult to rollerset my own hair to ensure that I get it nice and straight, especially in the back
frown.gif
...any suggestions?

Hi Tasha,

When I rollerset I do a combination of air drying and sitting under the dryer. I do things I need to do at home and to speed up the drying I sit under the dryer to take a break or to finish drying my hair.

To get my hair and nice and straight, I use the largest rollers that will work in my hair.
smile.gif

I like rollersetting also. I use Keracare foaming wrap lotion and a little Shea Butter (liquified). My hair comes out beautiful, with lots of shine and body.

I hate sitting under the dryer it takes soooooooooooo long, so now I only do it on Sat AMs.

I'm buying a wig for summer in order to keep from cutting my hair...I want to cut it soooo bad, but I want to grow it also...I get impatient with this too long to be short and too short to be long stage
swearing.gif

I also developed this new itch in my head, so that doesnt help...

So y'all pray for me I need it, I feel like I'm going
nuts.gif

Thanks PrettyBrownEyes for your response.
I haven't done a rollerset in about a year. My hair dresser in fact advised me not to do it because I was experiencing breakage because I wasn't able to make a tight roller set so the tension of my new growth and my relaxed hair started to break; if that makes sense. I dont' know if that even makes sense to me now; anyway maybe now with all the information I've learned from this board about the need of moisture and the right types of prodoucts to use...I may try again...we'll see.......

Back