Relaxers verses stretching....

Misshairdiva

I look back to my child hood years when I had waist length hair... Back then I didn't have any relaxers, or heat to my hair. So 'till Dec I am going to hold out to grow my hair to retain length.
Question:
Can you have the same length of hair doing relaxers and rollersetting verses stretching??

I so want to put a relaxer in my hair, but I am afraid that I will mess with the growth and length of my hair.

(hope this makes sence?)

I look back to my child hood years when I had waist length hair... Back then I didn't have any relaxers, or heat to my hair. So 'till Dec I am going to hold out to grow my hair to retain length.
Question:
Can you have the same length of hair doing relaxers and rollersetting verses stretching??

I so want to put a relaxer in my hair, but I am afraid that I will mess with the growth and length of my hair.

(hope this makes sence?)

How are you defining stretching in this question? Usually stretching is used in two contexts: A) a relaxed lady is stretching out the amount of time in between getting a retouch or B) a natural lady is referring to stretching out a section of hair to see how long it is when the curl/wave is pulled straight

I am not sure what you mean by your question. It may help with getting an answer if you clarify a bit! :eek:

If Stretching or Transitioning is working for you ....I'd say 'If it ain't broke then don't fix it.....Do I have trouble growing my hair with relaxer ?? No , I don't.....

Ok, your question makes more sense to me now, sorry about that. I get relaxers and rollerset and I have been retaining length fine. I did find that when I moved from every 6 weeks to every 8-9 weeks, that made a difference in the amount of ng I had and so there was less overlap. I agree that everyone does not have to do the 20 week stretches (although I am about to try one :) )

Back