Quik Question about Lye relaxers.

Flawlis1

I have been relaxing my hair for over 20 years now, I always use No-Lye relaxers. I only apply it to the new growth, I have not relaxed the length of my hair in 10 years. Question is, Can I use a Lye relaxer for my new growth eventhough I have always used No-Lye relaxers?

Evolving78

yes, you can switch. just don't flip flop and make sure your moisture and protein balance is in check.

why do you wish to switch?

karenjoe

yep you can I went back & forth over the yrs the old no lye would turn my hair reddish brown & didn't relax well.... so I used lye for yrs
then I tried ORS no lye normal.... luv it!!!!
will use it for a long time....

Flawlis1

Thanks for the replies ladies. I read that the relaxers that contain lye give better results, and I was just looking for something new. I've used the ORS the past few times I relaxed and really like that one, maybe I will just stick to that for now.

Flawlis1

Oh snap!! I just found the first relaxer that was put on my head 20 years ago.... PCJ childrens relaxer, it's also for color treated and delicate hair. This used to make my hair lay so nicely and it had bounce as well.... I couldnt resist, I had to get it. BTW, it is a sodium hydroxide relaxer aka lye. I will be putting it on Wednesday, I hope it's still as good as it used to be.