Relaxers & New Growth

KrimsonKween

When do you all start to see new growth? I read that some people start as soon a 7-10 days after a relaxer touch up. Is this because they don't do bone strait relaxers or their hair just grows that fast.

What is the norm for relaxer touch ups for slow growers?

The reason I am asking is that I got a relaxer after 4 months of being natural along with some mishaps and she didn't leave the relaxer on long but my hair came out bone strait and she used the mazini butter blend for sensative scalp. I also have fine hair. This will be the first time I am really taking care of my hair with a relaxer and I don't know my growth rate or anything. So I am trying to see what is the norm.

I co-wash 2x wk and shampoo 1x with b /c
Moisturize morning and at night along with oiling.
No heat wrap every other night (changing directions) Air dry only.
use satin scraf and sleep on satin pillow case.

length sides ear length and back neck length (I guess). If your hair is not at the top of your neck but about 1 inch pass top is that considered neck length or mid neck length.:grin:

Thanks in advance

ChelzBoo

i start to see NG around 2-3 weeks post.
i dont think the strength of the relaxer has anything to do with growth rate.
and i have no idea what the normal growth rate is for slow growers.:look: but considering hair will grow regaurdless, if it does grow slow u can always try a growth aide to try and speed up the growth.

but how many weeks post are you?

bellecheveux

3 weeks is when I get growth after a relaxer. If I got "new growth" a week after, it probably meant my hair reverted.

Neith

When do you all start to see new growth? I read that some people start as soon a 7-10 days after a relaxer touch up. Is this because they don't do bone strait relaxers or their hair just grows that fast.

What is the norm for relaxer touch ups for slow growers?

The reason I am asking is that I got a relaxer after 4 months of being natural along with some mishaps and she didn't leave the relaxer on long but my hair came out bone strait and she used the mazini butter blend for sensative scalp. I also have fine hair. This will be the first time I am really taking care of my hair with a relaxer and I don't know my growth rate or anything. So I am trying to see what is the norm.

I co-wash 2x wk and shampoo 1x with b /c
Moisturize morning and at night along with oiling.
No heat wrap every other night (changing directions) Air dry only.
use satin scraf and sleep on satin pillow case.

length sides ear length and back neck length (I guess). If your hair is not at the top of your neck but about 1 inch pass top is that considered neck length or mid neck length.:grin:

Thanks in advance

It depends on hair texture and how fast your hair grows!

My hair doesn't grow super fast, but I see and feel new growth in 3 weeks because my natural hair is VERY wiry. I can feel those little peas all up in there :lol:

For the bolded... I dunno! I'm in that same boat. My nape is like 2 inches past my shoulder, but the rest of my hair is above shoulder. It's a weird length :)

KrimsonKween

Well it has only been 13 days since my relaxer. I was just wondering. There is a patch of hair right on the egg that seems to start to puff up sooner than any other patch. My sides usually are the last to puff up and I think that is because they are so thin.

Thanks ladies I know I could count on you guys. Oh by the way If you don't see new growth until about the 4th week does that mean you are a slow grower? And does that also meant that you don't get 1/2 per month?

Dposh167

im at 6 weeks and my 1/4 just sprung up. Everyones growth spurt is diiferent. Ur hair doesnt know its week 4 and says 'oh boy its a month after her relaxer..we gotta show new growth now'..I know some ladies get the full .5 a month but may not show til week 6. but just b.c. Ur growth spurt is off..it doesnt mean u are a slow grower

poookie

i feel a little somethin' after 2 weeks, and the full coil of new growth sprouts in after about 3 or 4 weeks.

LongiLox

Well it has only been 13 days since my relaxer. I was just wondering. There is a patch of hair right on the egg that seems to start to puff up sooner than any other patch. My sides usually are the last to puff up and I think that is because they are so thin.

Thanks ladies I know I could count on you guys. Oh by the way If you don't see new growth until about the 4th week does that mean you are a slow grower? And does that also meant that you don't get 1/2 per month?

Not necessarily. I don't notice considerable growth until about a month after I relax. I always feel that I get the most growth from about 7 - 12 weeks post.

soulie

Just a reminder - hair goes through phases (and NO, at the moment I can't name them!):grin: But because of the phases the figures that are quoted should be averages - similar to what someone else said, my hair doesn't do an assessment on day 28 and think 'oh, I better hurry up and push out the rest of that 1/2 inch - it's nearly 30 days and I'm behind schedule'. However, over the course of a year, I might reasonably still expect to see my 6".

cecilie

My nape grows slowly than the others areas , In my nape I hane NG after 4 to 5 weeks and the others areas after 3 weeks .

KrimsonKween

Yall make me wonna cry I just can't stand it my hur growing and stuff. Thanks guys (Im a sniffing cause I just love this site so much) I gotta go I feel my thorat welling up and I just can't take it no mo.:grin:

lexi84

I notice new growth after the first week. Its not much, but I can feel it. Its more prickly than anything else.

~*Tigget*~

For me its usually 2 months before I notice anything....my hair grows so slow. I have taken everything, the only think I see that has helped me is massaging w/ oils as for speedy growth.

Although something I noticed when I used to workout religiously, was I would eat a lot of protein, eggs, chicken, tuna, constantly just for protein for muscles and back then my hair flourished, even after I would get a relaxer I could see it w/ in weeks.

DivaD04

it depends but as of now it's been a month and i feel a little crease in my hair...y'all now how your hair have that fold when it's growing after your relaxer application...lol i feel my little thicket

MonPetite

When bone strait I noticed it in about 2 weeks.

Texlaxed...about the time I realized I needed a touch up. :lachen:

The texture difference was the main issue. I get at least .5" a month.