Relaxer Strength for 4 a/b FINE hair types

Sunshine0801

What relaxer strength do the ladies on here with fine 4 a/b hair use?

I know mild versions are popular for fine haired folks, but can 4 a/b hair types get wavy results (I will not be relaxing bone straight) with mild strength relaxers?

I'm natural now and it takes a lot to get my hair straight. Rollersets do not work. Saran wrap method doesn't work. Flatirons with teeth (Maxiglide) do not work. I have to blowdry, press, and flat iron to get it straight, and it still reverts very quickly.

Would I be wasting my time by going with a mild relaxer (Mizani BB)?

I use mild. Personally, I find that the degree of straightness also greatly depends on how well it is applied. I had this one lady get me BONE straight with a mild. She worked so quickly moving my head back and forth putting the relaxer in :lol: She worked it and it got very straight.

I'm with Gymfreak: the results rely a lot on the application. I have gotten bone straight with mild and been underprocessed with regular. Applying more relaxer, adding time and smoothing more will get you straighter.

I have 4a/b hair.I texlaxed Sat with Mizani BB for fine/color treated hair an it came out great! Very wavy.When are you relaxing?If you'd like I'll take pics of my hair tom. when I go swimming.

Thanks so much for the replies ladies! That's really helpful info. I didn't plan on smoothing much or leaving it in for very long, but I didn't realize that adding more relaxer would give me straighter hair. I'm not exactly sure how much is too much, but I suppose that's something I won't really know until I relax...

I have 4a/b hair.I texlaxed Sat with Mizani BB for fine/color treated hair an it came out great! Very wavy.When are you relaxing?If you'd like I'll take pics of my hair tom. when I go swimming.

I would love to see a pic of your hair wet. That's so kind of you to offer. :) Thank you!

And I'm glad to hear your results turned out well! How long did you leave the relaxer on and did you add anything to it?

ITA with Gymfreak about application. It makes a world of difference. I use Mizani BB in regular because I'd read stories about getting under processed results with the mild. I like it and I still have some texture in my hair.

Mild for me as well. I recently switched from Silk Elements Mega Silk Mild to their Olive Oil Mild and it was AMAZING. Anything more than a mild is far too harsh for me.

I use regular and my hair dresser smooths it once before washing out and it still isn't bone straight and is wavy and frizzy. Without smoothing, my hair is like I didn't get a relaxer. Even though my hair is fine - it has slightly resistant curl.

Back