Relaxer Question

princessdi

For those of you who self-relax, I was watching Ateyaa’s video on relaxing and she applied her Motions relaxer but didn’t start timing it until she had applied and smoothed the relaxer.

I thought you started to time your relaxer during the application process. Is this not correct. Are you suppose to apply first and then once you’ve applied and smooth you start your timer as she did?

Please advise. I’d like to hear how you all time your relaxing process.

Thanks ladies.

VirtuousBeauty

I'm a bad example because I tend to go beyond the time I'm supposed to. I'm still working on it and I don't use a timer I just keep track of how long I've been doing it using the time on my computer.

kami11213

I start timing when I first apply the relaxer, usually takes me about 20 minutes or so for each side, I relax my hair in sections b/c I'm very slow and don't want to under process...

chasturner84

For those of you who self-relax, I was watching Ateyaa’s video on relaxing and she applied her Motions relaxer but didn’t start timing it until she had applied and smoothed the relaxer.

I thought you started to time your relaxer during the application process. Is this not correct. Are you suppose to apply first and then once you’ve applied and smooth you start your timer as she did?

Please advise. I’d like to hear how you all time your relaxing process.

Thanks ladies.

That is correct. The timer starts when the first drop of relaxer touches your new growth. I love Ateyaa but some of the things she does are totally unhealthy for hair; but if it works for her....:ohwell:

Minty

I start timing from the time I dip the sprush in the bowl - total application time for my whole head is 10mins, smoothing time 8-10 mins.

(Long stretching get a few extra mins of smoothing time as it gets treated as a virgin - I start 1" off scalp and work in closer after application but before smoothing)

If you are slow or sloppy, please relax in sections.

Dommo

I start my timer from the beginning. The whole process (touch up and smooth) takes 15 minutes. It takes me 10 minutes to apply (i'm fast and accurate; should be, being that my instructor makes us do this a million times.) Only 5 minutes smoothing and straight to rinsing out.

prospurr4

I start timing at the start of application. It takes about 8 minutes for me to apply relaxer to the NG on my whole head. Then, I spend another 7 minutes smoothing, for a total of 15 minutes...I'm texlaxed.

princessdi

Thanks ladies! All of you pretty much agree that you start timing right when the relaxer first touches your new growth. I just wanted to be sure I was applying it correctly.

sunnieb

I start timing before the first drop of relaxer touches my newgrowth. Since I pre-section my hair, I can apply the relaxer in 8-10 minutes. Then I spend 10 minutes smoothing to get it straight.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Timer starts at the start of the process for me too. I do my entire head in about 15 minutes and smooth for 3-5 or a tiny bit more:smile: