Relaxed ladies - How often do you touch up?

How often do you touch up?

• Every 5 weeks or less :look:

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Every 6 weeks

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Every 7 weeks

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Every 8 weeks

Votes: 18 11.7%
  • Every 9+ weeks

Votes: 124 80.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glib Gurl

I am talking about relaxed ladies who aren't trying to/planning on transitioning . . . how often do you touch up?

Usually about every 10 or 11 weeks. My last stretch was for 14 weeks. I don't think I'll do that again. Too much new growth to fight through.

I relax about 4 times a year. Roughly, the past two years, my schedule has been January or March, May, August, and November.

back when i was relaxed, 8 weeks was standard. 9 weeks was me refraining from doing bad things to my hair :look:

This last stretch I went about 16 weeks....never again. The stylist ripped through the new growth and caused breakage. I will keep it around 10-12 weeks from here on out.

I'm 17 wks post... I'm doing better than I thought I would be. My last relaxer was the first week of July. I've been relaxed for a little over a yr (first relaxer July 09). I planned every three months: Jan, April, July, and Oct. But I skipped Oct and next one is planned for Jan 2011. I just want to see if a can do it. Its hard on wash days. I co wash Tues and wash/DC on Fridays. I don't know how I'm going to go about relaxing me hair in Jan. I'm researching thread now...LOL

10-12 weeks. Partly because I am either lazy (when I used to do it myself) or trying to be frugal (now that I have found a trusted stylist).

Usually around 12 weeks so 4x a year
but im currently about 14 wks going for 16 (my twist are helping me out) havent experienced too much breakage might continue this and only relax 3x

Right now, I'm able to comfortably relax every 14 weeks. I eventually want to go every 16 weeks as long as I don't have breakage.

I'm lucky to have a stylist who encourages stretching relaxers and knows how to work with a lot of newgrowth.

I usually relax at 12 wks but I haven't relaxed since July and I'm planning on only relaxing every 6 months from here on out.

I usually get a touch up every 3-4 months. But I've started talking Doctor's Best MSM 3 months ago and that stuff is making my growth extremely soft, shiny, moisturized, and it changed my texture a lot. I'm currently 8 weeks post, and in my pre-LHCF days, I'd be counting down the weeks until my next touch up. But because of MSM, I think I might start getting a touch up every 6 months because my hair is so manageable.

Are you guys using some heat to help you stretch? Blowdryer and flat iron?
I blow dried and styled a client's hair who swore she needed a touch up but NOPE.
She was so pleased. She now believes she will incorporate heat to help her stretch longer.

HTH!

i will be 13 weeks tommorow, i dont have a set schedule of when i get a touch up but it seems to be every 3 to 4 months. Im planning on getting a touch up around thanksgiving. I do braidouts to stretch my relaxers. i need to find something to moisten my new growth.

Are you guys using some heat to help you stretch? Blowdryer and flat iron?
I blow dried and styled a client's hair who swore she needed a touch up but NOPE.
She was so pleased. She now believes she will incorporate heat to help her stretch longer.

HTH!

I stretch 20-24 weeks without any direct heat...I do roller set and sit under my hooded dryer though.

I just relaxed on Wednesday. I stretched for 14 weeks. The new growth was out of control. Next time I will settle for 12 weeks.

Back