Question about my BC....Did I make a boo-boo?

Smiley79

Well I did my BC. Barely an inch all around except for the top/front areas for that sweep effect. Reasons were 50% style and 50% a desire to grow my hair out natural. I had such fab results when I stretched my hair 5-6 months at a time that I am now interested in growing my hair in a natural state. I want a fresh start now that I've gotten a great regimen downpacked thanks to LHCF. So here's my question: I decided after the cut that I do want to give it a try and go natural. Does it make anysense that I relaxed my hair after my BC? In other words, was that a waste of a BC since I relaxed it? Or can I still move forward with growing it out natural despite the fresh relaxer. (i think my fotki link is in my siggy; there's more pics there)

keysha1983

Hmm... I think that you relaxed your hair because you weren't confident in trying natural hairstyles with such a short length of hair.

Yes, I believe that you can start back transitioning from your current stage. You could try wash and go styles and use curling aids on your hair, which will heighten your natural curl pattern.

Good luck! :)

MsChelle

Why did you relax if you wanted to grow it out natural? Was it difficult to deal with?
I wouldn't say it was a mistake. You can do mini chops as it gains length to rid yourself of the relaxed ends.

Smiley79

I know BFly...When I did the cut....it was just for style....it was afterwards that I realized "why not just grow it out natural instead of relaxing every 4 weeks" (You know how those buck shots get...)

Keyshy-You're right and that's a great idea? Do you have any product suggestions? I do have a fear of "what am I gonna do with my hair each time I do my washes and DCing."

sxytia07

Hmmm....i looked at the pictures and i think i can begin to understand your reasoning. you cut for style and it would have been maybe harder to shape, etc. had it not been straight??? i can understand this, but think you should have just straightened using heat for the first BC syle. i don't know much about natural hair but yes, i'm sure you can keep growing natural and maintain your style now. An inch of relaxed hair shouldn't hurt and you can chop it when you're good and ready! Good luck!

Whimsy

Girl, you will be FINE. You can transition and grow a headful of natural coils from ANY starting point.

Get into the transitioners threads asap!