Provocative Shampoo-Bentonite Clay

Damaged but not out

So my SO is always talking about this "shampoo" his uncle makes for his family that has bentonite clay and other ayurvedic powders. How remarkable it is, how their hair is gorgeous, dark, shiny, long etc.

He has promised to get me some and get me the recipe. In the meantime ive been searching here for everything ayurveda(hair-wise). I have some bentonite i bought in a PJ-rampage, figured i hadnt been using it enuff, time to experiment.

The bentonite i mixed first with approx 1tsp amla, i heaping tsp neem karela and about 6oz bentonite and warm water till it was ygurt consistency
i oiled my hair, mostly my scalp an NG with an oil blend i made( another experiment trying to make citrus oil) i normally would hav used olive oil but i didnt .Left that in for about 20 -30 mins. Dampened my hair with burdock
root tea and honey. Applied the bentointe mix. Left that in for an hour, uncovered . Next time i will leave it to dry till its really hard like a mask, cuz SO says theres no point using the clay unless u leave it in for hours,this time i was afraid to try.

I then DC'd with AO GPB with a lil Mane and Tail and olive oil on the ends. When i rinsed my hair felt fantastic, not nice not ok but FANFU**INGTASTIC. It looked fantastic it was dark and shiny and bouncy and so well behaved.

So i figured i would share, spread the wealth

Im 4a/b transitioning from texlaxed and relaxed.

2 days ago my hair felt icky, looked icky....now it dosent :yep:

Excuse the mess im packing. Pics of today, day 3.

012.jpg

016.jpg

What's the consistency of the clay? Is it a powder?

do share that recipe when you get it!
Lys

Back