My Bentonite Clay Review & Twists Attempt ***Pics***

Ms_CoCo37

So, yesterday after viewing several youtube tutorials, I decided to pamper my hair with a bentonite clay treatment followed by a light blow dry and two-strand twists installment.

For the bentonite clay mixture I mixed the following with my bentonite powder:

Honey
Olive Oil
Purified Water

The bentonite clay treatment gave my curls mad definition (I wish I had thought to take pics...sorry). However, it felt a little hard. So I followed up with KK Knot Today Leave In and of course I prepped my hair for blow drying with:

Bio Silk Thermal Treatment
Chi Silk Infusion
Argan Oil

With the twists installment, the girl in the video would start each twist by plaiting her hair down about an inch, and then twisting the rest of the way. I decided to do the same thing. For my twists, I noticed that I barely had any twist creme/gel, so I got creative and used some of my KK Curling Custard instead.

Overall, I have to say I'm quite pleased with the results. I managed to retain some of my length, instead of it shrinking up to my neck, like it normally would if I twisted it wet. My twists came out neat with a nice shine to them. Right now, they're laying flat and close to my scalp. I can't wait for them to plump up a little, so I can have a bit more volume.

My verdict? I will definitely use the bentonite clay again, and I will also use the same method of twisting my hair.:yep:

Attachments

• Blowout 1.jpg
    Blowout 1.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 187
  • Blowout 2.jpg
    Blowout 2.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 175
  • Close Up.jpg
    Close Up.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 203
  • Top View.jpg
    Top View.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 195
  • Rear & Top.jpg
    Rear & Top.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 189
Yea bentonite is awesome, I ordered some rhassoul and green french clay can't wait to try them!!

If you try bentonite again instead of the plain water make a strong tea, with peppermint, chamomile( or whatever herbs you like), black/green tea. I use it too cleanse so I add lemon, rosemary and orange peel.

twists looks lovely.

Aww how cute, can't wait til I can do twists in mine. Love the "bushy" look in the before

Back