Profectiv Products

LawyerLady

Ladies, is anyone on here still using and loving any Profectiv products?

I have recently started using the Breakfree Daily Leave in Strengthener and a part from fear of protein overload, I think I have finally found my daily moisturizer that does not weigh my hair down and create frizz on my relaxed 4B hair. I love the way my hair feels after smoothing a dab on my ends and length of my strands

I've done searches but most of the threads are old and I'm interested in trying more of their products so let's hear the good, bad and downright nasty on their products.

Please list which Profectiv product is it and how you use it and at what frequency?

TIA

♦K.O♦

I've been faithful to Long & Healthy, Breakfree, and MegaGrowth since 2003 or so. For the past year I've added MegaGrowth Lotion and MegaGrowth Oil to the mix. Profectiv has always made quality products. I think I've tried almost all of them.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I use the anti breakage strengthener. I forgot i have this...I used to use it on my ends without a problem, but switched to qp mango butter. Perhaps i will alternate to rid myself of it.

LawyerLady

Thx ladies, I definitely think that this is going to be my product care line of choice.

Any more info would be greatly appreciated

pisceschica

I like the healthy roots and I find that its really good to use on new growth especially when you are stretching.

My other favorite is healthy ends but you have to make sure that you only use a little tiny bit b/c if you have fine hair like me it will weigh it down and make it look greasy.

rainbowknots

My hair didn't like it at all. I bought it when I first joined the board and it made my hair feel like straw, my hair was also breaking like crazy. So no more profectiv for me :nono:

ETA: The one I used was Breakfree

Ronnieaj

I like the healthy roots and I find that its really good to use on new growth especially when you are stretching.

My other favorite is healthy ends but you have to make sure that you only use a little tiny bit b/c if you have fine hair like me it will weigh it down and make it look greasy.

@ the bold: that stuff will weigh down ANY head of hair! I like it too, and I've got the uber thick natural hair, but that stuff is no joke!

I love the healthy roots. When I was relaxed, it prevented so many set-backs!! I still use it when my hair itches. My best friend also swears by their mega-growth conditioner, and I love the dual-phase purple leave-in spray conditioner (can't remember the name right now).

AnitaTheLengths

I used the healthy ends for a while and it was bleh. Too heavy for ends. I switched to another line. I did not see the benefits, my ends were a mess. I don't know if it was due to the razor/layered cut growing out or what, but I know I noticed an improvement when I stopped using it.

I love their oil sheen and the moisturizer in the yellow container..i think its megagrowth.. i rotate between that and ors olive oil in the jar because if i use profectiv too long it starts breakin my hair im guessin b/c of the protein. Bt i want to try their masque i hear it was good...
and AnitaTheLengths.. your hair has grown alot its so healthy!! Whats your texture and do you mind telling me wat products you use??

RosesBlack

I've been using breakfree for awhile now and it's one of my staple products. My hair likes the constant small amount of protein so it works pretty well for me and I think has contributed to me retaining more length.

Geminigirl

I used the DC when i was relaxed. Now that I am natural I am kinda skeptical because of all the silky straight hair on the packages. I often want to go back and try these products though. Any other naturals using this and if so which products?

LawyerLady

Thanks for all the info ladies, the good and the bad...I am worried about the protein overload that can occur, so I am guessing it's important to use the products in moderation, but damn it's making my hair feel so lovely and so far no broken hairs in the comb which for me is HUGE, so I'll continue to use it and hope for the best

any other Profectiv users past/present chime in!