Pre-treatment

princessdi

Hey ladies,

I'm not sure if I ever knew the purpose of a pre-treatment; I only know that it works for ME, but what exactly is a pre-treatment suppose to do? When I do my pre-treatments (usually cholesterol mixed with oils overnight), my hair in the morning is so soft and manageable but then I go through my entire weekly wash cycle (shampoo, protein (if needed), and DC) and then apply leave-in and seal. My hair still is very soft after all of this, but what is the purpose of the pre-treatment if the rest soon follows? Just curious (not that I'm going to quit or anything); just really curious.

If anyone wants to share, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
I believe a pre treatment if you mean pre poo is used to protect the hair from harsh shampoo's however; it sounds to me like you are doing a dry deep conditioner which works too. Most who do dry DC's don't do another DC on wet hair but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt:grin:

Sesi

Pre-pooing over night (or at least for 12 hours) with coconut oil helps protect the hair from absorbing to much water and swelling too much. Makes hair stronger/keep its strength for longer in the long run.