Poll: Spray moisturizer VS a Cream Moisturizer-Why?

Which Kind of Moisturizer Do You Prefer?

• A cream moisturizer fa sho!

Votes: 129 55.4%
  • A spray miosturizer hands down!

Votes: 59 25.3%
  • I don't know :/

Votes: 45 19.3%

• Total voters
Cream moisturizer. I love Giovanni Direct leave-in. A little gets the job done. If I want more weight, I seal it w/ castor oil!:lick:

I like both. I use worlds of curls comb out spray when I’m lazy and olive oil cream on other days. At least this way I get the moisture I need without putting in a whole lot of effort. :rolleyes:

I voted spray moisturizer (like Olive Oil nourishing spray ORS) because it works best for my hair. whenever I try to use a cream moisturizer.. it gets just greasy.. or my hair will curl up. So if i do use a cream it's before blow drying or while air drying .

2 days ago i would have said creme for sure

But now i really dont know...maybe both:perplexed

I suddenly got sick of having my hair weighed down from moisturizer, even though it makes my hair feel like silk ( carefree), i didnt even want to put it on my hands ( oil either)...it was weird

So, i used a spray version, and some oil sheen. And my hair seemed the exact same ( if not better) than with the creme version, minus the touching of hair and getting hands messy and heavyness and waiting a longer time for it to absorb

BUT---for after washing, i know a wimpy spray will not get my hair moisturized

So, i guess ima have to say both or i dont know

Last edited:
I use both too. I wear pincurled rollersets daily. At night, when Im pinning/rolling for the night - I spray the length and smooth the ends with a cream. When I am wearing my hair straight and tucked under or pinned up - I do use sprays exclusively...creams are too heavy for me then.

My hair prefers creams, especially if I wear my hair down. In a baggie or protective style, I use a spray.

I use both. I use a nexus spray threwout the day but when my hair goes up for the night I use the spray and a cream I just brought some sunsilk hydraTlc so I will see how that works, but right now i use sunsilk smoothdown and a olive oil cream and alt with my many others.

combo - I use the spray all over b/c it can get to all my strands without alot of manipulation. I usually only moisterise my ends daily - and for that I use a tiny bit of cream moisturiser before I pin up my hair for the night. It's I'm airdrying I spray and then ue cream all over as well - the extra weight keeps me from drying frizzy.

I normally use my sprays on wet hair and the creamy ones on wet or dry. Lately I have been tapping my ng with my Oyin Juices n Berries and sometimes with the Dove Sheer Moisture with good results. :yep: The sprays used to frizz my hair up but now I have no problem with that. Just nice and soft and smelling sweet.

I am all about Giovanni direct,sunsilk (with added castor oil) or suave coconut or strawberry condish with castor oil. Of the 3 giovanni is the best for me, followed by a close 2nd of the suave w/ castor oil :) Not only do they make my hair instantly soft, but it stays soft for DAYS!!!! the shower heat/steam just reinforces the softness!

Spray moisturizers work best on my hair, cream moisturizers are too heavy and leave a white film on my scalp (and I don't even apply it directly to my scalp at all:nono:)

I use a spray when wearing my hair straight
I use a cream when Im in a pony

I do like the spray better though, it helps me in not over loading my hair

i use both. i use a homemade moisturizing, botanical spray on a daily basis. once a week, on my no-poo day, i moisturize, then seal with a cream. this process helps keep my hair continually soft, thick & retaining every inch. :grin:

I use both at different times. When I wash or cowash I like the creams, however after I exercise and just as a daily thing, I like the spray.

I didn't vote in the poll only because I use & like both spray & creme moisturizers. While wearing braids/twist extensions, I'll use spray moisturizing treatments. On my loose hair, I'll use a cream based moisturizer. No problem!

i only use spray moisturizers on wet hair as a leave in. i always wear my hair down so i would never spray anything on dry hair. but i use a creme moisturizer everyday.

I use a spray when wearing my hair straight
I use a cream when Im in a pony

I do like the spray better though, it helps me in not over loading my hair

Same here.....I actually need to find a new spray moisturizer since I'm out of UBH Dew. The Dove one sounds good.

Which one do you think provides you with the most ever lasting and quality of moisture?

A cream moisturizer?-Examples; ORS olive oil lotion, Profective breakfree, BB Castor Oil, Sunsilk TLC cream, cheapie cream conditioner, etc.
OR

A spray moisturizer?-Examples; Dove Moisture Mist, S-curl, a home made mix, African Royale Braid Spray, etc​

Why?

I notice that a cream works best for my flat ironed hair (I use Sunsilk TLC creme). It gives it more moisture. But I usually use a home made s-curl spray for my protective styles. Just because I am lazy when it comes to moisturizing and that way I can just moisturize, without hardly touching it. But I used a cream today ( Suave Toasted Vanilla and Sugar) and I loved it. But I know I won't continue use because I am too lazy to do it everyday.:look:

What about you ladies?​

I agree with OP with using both. When I have straightened hair I ues a cream moisturizer and it works well. But when I do protective styles (i.e., twist-outs, bantu knots, etc.) I use a cream moisturizer before twisting and spray-on moisturizer after I complete the style.

My hair loves only creamy moisturizers such as qhetmet root butter & hairveda green teabutter.

I voted for spray because it's easier imo =D

I use both though. I spray when I'm 0 to about 5-6 weeks post. When my hair starts needing more moisture, I switch to cream.

My hair loves a cream moisturizer! I spray first with distilled water, then apply the cream. I have a rotation of different moisturizing creams that I use, like Phyto9, Hydrathermals Naturals, KeraCare, Profective, etc.

Back