Please help all color experts...........................

lilred26

I had my hair streaked blonde during the summer; however the bleaching process has really dried out my hair, and I want to tone it down to a coppery brown(Semipermanent). Can I do this with blonde streaks and what brand would be good to use that will not damage my hair? Any suggestions please even if it means I should choose another color, I just need to tone this color down, or get it out of my hair. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

KAddy

Yes, you can do a semipermanent color over streaks, I have done it on numerous occasions in the past. I know of a jazzing color that will give you something similar to what you want and that is Spiced Cognac or Toasted Chestnut. Here is their color chart to help you a little though

Also try Sebastians Colourshines in Gleaming Copper. Someone on here has that color and I think that is exactly what you are looking for.

Nyambura

surfer girl
I've always found Tracy to be most helpful with the hair dye/color/care questions. If you PM her or maybe she'll see this thread, I think you'll find her to be very helpful too. BTW, when I got caramel streaks, part of what helped stave off the dry, brittleness was oiling my hair with 100% pure shea butter, using Feria's color conditioner /images/graemlins/love.gif, and using Sebastian's Colourshines. Since my highlights were pale, they easily absorbed whichever color rinse I used. I have Tracy to thank for those tips. /images/graemlins/smile.gif