All about Henna!-Questions! Questions!

Annakei

I currently have my hair in braids because I want some growth and to hide the horrible color job my stylist did in April. Ive been reading up on Henna and wanted to get some input from the ladies.

I have a relaxer along with permanent hair coloring (highlights/streaks) but they are blonde and I want to tone it down to a honey color. Both stylists that Ive been to don't know anything about Henna because all they talked about were rinses and mouses. I dont wan't to ever put permanent coloring in my hair again but need something to tone down the color while it grows out.

So my questions are:

Being that I have a relaxer and permanent color inmy hair is it safe to use? If so then what BRAND do you recommend and where (online or in the DC metro) can I get it?

What are the color ranges?

What are the adverse effects? Will it make my hair hard or brittle?

Im on my way out to the BSS to check out some stuff but will check responses on my PDA to see what you say about it... When I take down these twists I want to be able to get a relaxer and then henna my hair to tone down the color as it is TOOOOOO bright for my complexion.

Thanks in advance!

yeah, its safe with a relaxer....the people i know that use it, use Lush.....theres a site where you can get all your questions answered!
www.everydayhenna.com

i think there are more too....but i cant rememebr them :D also, henna has been discussed here a bunch of times...i bet theres more info in those threads than what i can give you....do s search for henna and see what you come up with :D

Thanks for the info!

I am here trying to read through the results that are coming up now but wanted answers to my specific questions, some of which I am reading up on now.

:)

Annakei said:
Thanks for the info!

I am here trying to read through the results that are coming up now but wanted answers to my specific questions, some of which I am reading up on now.

:)
most people ive seen that use it dont have a problem with their hair being brittle....

you can add stuff to it to determine the color you want....sometimes the color doesnt show until the 3rd or 4th time you use it....but you should be careful using it with previously color treated hair....that doesnt always end well...definitely do your research before you go there....

one draw back is that its really difficult to wash out, but im told its great for moisture....

Read Andre Talks Hair. He wrote about it in the book and I think that he recommended against it. I do not remember exactly why,but he does say not to use it. I have been afraid to try it ever since because my hair is relaxed. If it was natural, maybe I would try it.

Back