Pics Inside: Chopped from below BSL(BSB) to above APL!!

blazingthru

your hair is gorgeous and super thick. Love the cut. I always liked layers. I think it makes your hair look good even when you don't curl it. Great choice.

mnemosyne

Great cut! I was worried you were going to cut it like Beckham.

I've only had two experiences at Mohair and they weren't all that pleasant, but it was probably another stylist! How do you like them in general?

Whimsy

Great cut! I was worried you were going to cut it like Beckham.

I've only had two experiences at Mohair and they weren't all that pleasant, but it was probably another stylist! How do you like them in general?

oh my god no no no
who'd u go to the big guy dwayne?
the short fat chick?
the tall chick in the first char?

you can ONLY go to MIKE. he's the BEST!!!!
(2nd chair, short slim bald guy)

mnemosyne

oh my god no no no
who'd u go to the big guy dwayne?
the short fat chick?
the tall chick in the first char?

you can ONLY go to MIKE. he's the BEST!!!!
(2nd chair, short slim bald guy)

The first bad experience was a looong time ago. I'd followed my stylist (whom I thought knew what she was doing at the time) from another place to MoHair. she had someone ELSE put relaxer in my hair and the guy didn't base me.. my scalp was on fire! That's what I thought of when that chemical burn thread was posted. Sounds like she's not there anymore. I think her name was maybe Althea? Dunno.

Second time (05ish) I went was ok.. I was getting highlights put in my one and only sew in and I'd already had it on my head. Some of my own hair got colored... that's all grown out now.

Mostly I chalked the first one up to me not being proactively vocal (I now feel comfortable telling people what to not do to my hair) and the second one to "it wasn't so bad after all."

Thanks for the tip about Mike though! If I need a trim I might look him up. =)

tthreat08

Thanks girls!!! I'm swinging my hair more than ever today.

Yes, he cut lots of layers throughout, the shortest is at my nose level in the front.

Nervous though, SO is on his way over...i didn't exactly tell him how short I was cutting :ohwell:

Oh, he'll be fine with it. He just needs enough to hold onto :look:....I mean to admire:grin:.

Whimsy

The first bad experience was a looong time ago. I'd followed my stylist (whom I thought knew what she was doing at the time) from another place to MoHair. she had someone ELSE put relaxer in my hair and the guy didn't base me.. my scalp was on fire! That's what I thought of when that chemical burn thread was posted. Sounds like she's not there anymore. I think her name was maybe Althea? Dunno.

Second time (05ish) I went was ok.. I was getting highlights put in my one and only sew in and I'd already had it on my head. Some of my own hair got colored... that's all grown out now.

Mostly I chalked the first one up to me not being proactively vocal (I now feel comfortable telling people what to not do to my hair) and the second one to "it wasn't so bad after all."

Thanks for the tip about Mike though! If I need a trim I might look him up. =)

oh noooooooooo!! I'm so sorry you had that experience. There's a chick named April that works there... I don't know anything about her though.

Mike is the bomb. he's been doing my head since i was 11 back before he was workin in salons. he's the only one in that shop that I trust w/ my head. (although if you just want a good blow out and a relaxing scalp massage, Duane is good too for that)
I hope you try moHair again (on E 13th cuz apparently there's another one somehwere else in ny too)

OneInAMillion

Whimsy,

Your hair is so beautiful!!! I'm a big fan of the cut, and your hair still looks really long to me! I like the change, the layers are very flattering.

I've been thinking about a new cut (only bangs) but I think I may have to try Mike and see if he can work his magic. My hair isn't as long as yours, but I definitely want a change.

~One

Dearlove

Your hair looks great!! One of the advantages of growing long hair is being able to cut it shorter and have those ends lookin' tyte. It looks so lush!! Enjoy your new 'do.